Suicide after convention

by chasson 34 Replies latest jw friends

• chasson
    chasson

A french CO has died after an attempt to suicide in Lyon, this week.

He have made his speech on the convention, and the next morning was found dead by the family where he sleep.

This is a personnal information, no french's newspaper have talked about it.

Bye

Charles

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Chasson,

Whan a Catholic commit a suicide, please let me know.

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

Fred,

When the Catholic church declares its memebers to be "the happiest people on Earth," please let US know.

• chasson
    chasson

Fred,

When a JW abuse a child let the police know

Bye

Charles

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

ChuckD,

We as Jehovah's Witnesses face the same problems as anyone else.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Mr. Policeman,

I have not yet known a JW abuse a child.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

That is very sad. So many elders have committed suicide over the years. Mother pushes them too hard, methinks.
    http://www.freeminds.org/psych/suicide.htm
    Just a few examples...
    If more were as mellow as Fred, they would just have cats and appreciate them! :-))

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

Fred,

Very true, and I could not agree more. We are on the same page here.

Don't you think that this very unfortunate situation points out that depression (which is pretty much a given with such incidents) can affect even those of leadership positions in the organization?

And, if this person had attempted to recognize and deal with his depression, and perhaps seek qualified counciling, would he have been given the proper support from his higher-ups? Or would they have recommended against seeking worldly council?

• chasson
    chasson

You know what Fred,

when i was 17, at my first attempt to suicide, i have a particular visit of the elders.

The says that they were with me but just after they said to me that they can't accept my request of baptism, they taked this fucking Bible to show me that Jehovah don't like suicide, but yes, they want to encourage me...

How could they said one time a gentle word and immediatly after a cruel word, is still for me a mistery ?

Thanks god, this is the only time that they tried to helped me, they were after that terribly busy to tried to comfort me another time.

This is the kind of people you want to be prince on earth. Paradise ?

Bye

Charles

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Randy,

Of all the Elders that know never committed suicide. So, I wander where do you get your numbers from.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit