Is it possible that a child molester is NOT a pedophile?

by sir82 57 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• vitty
    vitty

Its different if the teenagers are doing it with other teenagers, and not being forced or coerced by an adult.

• rebel8
    rebel8

How is it possible that I'm the only one recognizing Cygnus's comment blaming the victims?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    How is it possible that I'm the only one recognizing Cygnus's comment blaming the victims?

I saw it.

Sometimes I just get tired of educating people who don't know any better.

but OK I'll address this comment by Cygnus

If it isn't legal to participate in sexual conduct with a girl under 18 years of age because that is considered pedophilia and child molestation, shouldn't it also be illegal for girls under 18 to wear makeup, jewelry, and sexually suggestive clothes (like their high school name written on the butt of their shorts)?
    This is most definitely a "blame the victim" belief. It perpetuates the myth that because of the clothes a person wears they are "asking for it" or leading them on. Nobody I mean NOBODY wants to be assaulted. NOBODY asks to be assaulted regardless of what they are wearing. And no matter what they are wearing there is a huge difference in dressing to get attention and dressing in a way to attract an abuser. Regardless of what they are wearing a person always has the right to say NO! and be heard. The reality is that if an abuser has targeted you, it doesn't matter one iota what you are wearing.
  • heathen
    heathen

vitty -- I spose you can say if an uncle comes over and forces or coerces or a parent , you might have a case . That whole, it's ok if the teens do it to each other crap is just so retarded . I think the teens are to blame in doing alot of the coercing .

• vitty
    vitty

Heathen, im sorry its not crap. I was ok with my 16 year old bf but when my older brother in law tried it on, i was very scared, I felt out of my depth and he was only 23 at the time and I was 15.

• vitty
    vitty

Sorry I re read your post, .........It doesnt matter how old you are if its forced,

But just because teenagers are at it, doesnt mean they are not in danger from "adults"

Its a difficult subject and as ive never been a victim I dont know.

• heathen
    heathen

I mean in the history of man if a girl was old enough to menstrate she was considered old enough , it's just western society that puts an age on the consent . I'm sure if I went over seas things are completely different in many countries and cultures . I agree they are in danger from some adults . I also agree with the poster that mentioned that young girls should not be wearing all the make up and sexy dress of an adult . They just draw the attention to themselves and then blame people for getting the wrong ideas .

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Heathen

vitty -- I spose you can say if an uncle comes over and forces or coerces or a parent , you might have a case . That whole, it's ok if the teens do it to each other crap is just so retarded . I think the teens are to blame in doing alot of the coercing .

Any kind of coercion or force is illegal even when it is 2 adults.

In regards adults and minors. any form of force or coersion is wrong. Just plain wrong. There is some consensus that minors of a similar age may consent to sexual activity.

But there is also consideration given to size differences and whether that alone may create a power difference. If one child does not believe they have the right or freedom to say no then that is coercion. Issues of power, authotity are always a concern regarding coercion.

I totally understand that some degree of coecion does occur between teens who otherwise could provide consent. For example if a boy says to his girlfriend "do it or I dump you" then this is coercive.

We really need to work harder at education our children in the responsibilites that go with sexual behavior

• vitty
    vitty

I hate that "she was asking for it " expression, but saying that girls and women have to take responsibilty for their actions, I feel sick when I see 7_9 year olds wearing boob tubes and stuff. It also makes me sick when a judge declares a 9 year old promiscuous cos she sat on her uncles knee, tickled him and asked for it.

When I hear of someone whoes been raped or murdered at 2 am I shake my head and ask what the hell where they thinking walking home at that time of night by themselves, but I also remember when i worked in a bar and walked home alone.......I was scared...... but wasnt asking for it

I reeled when I see a "teenager" girl stagering home late at night but I did it myself !!!!!!

I was never asking for anyone to rape or molest me, whatever I wore or whatever time I was out, but I was stupid and irresponsible, we have to teach our children how to be safe!

• heathen
    heathen

I agree with lady lee , nobody should be forced to have sex or made demands on . My point was more of the under age kids are the predator in alot of cases . I see it all the time on day time tv , the kids are nuts and will even go and prostitute themselves .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit