Shunned again, and you won't guess where. EVER.

by kwintestal 99 Replies latest jw friends

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Well, we were going about our business today as we usually do on a Monday. Mrs Kwin went to work, kids went to school, I stayed home and made apple sauce and beer. 2:30 comes along and it's time to pick up everyone and, Oh yeah ... we have that appointment today. Pick up the kids and then Mrs Kwin and head off to the appointment. Lucky us! The receptionist is a JW, and an elder's wife, and in our old hall. The one my parents are in.

So you'd think that as she's in her place of business that we'd get a break, but no. She attempts to ignore us, and doesn't even tell us that the person that we're waiting for isn't in the office dispite the fact that it's 3:25 and our appointment is 3:30.

So, we shuffle our way to the waiting room, 15 mins go by and someone else comes and says that the person that was supposed to meet with us isn't there, they can't get hold of her so we might as well go home. We walk past the JW, and our whole family goes by without her saying anything as she's attempting to ignore us, when I say "Goodbye" as I'm holding the door open. She responds with a quick, half-assed, "Goodbye." in return.

So, where were we? What were we doing there? We were at the counsellor's office, for my daughter to talk about the effects of shunning.

Kwin

• jgnat
    jgnat

You are right, I would have never guessed! I guess you will have a LOT to talk to the counsellor about.

• damselfly
    damselfly

You have got to be kidding me!

So, where were we? What were we doing there? We were at the counsellor's office, for my daughter to talk about the effects of shunning.

Please tell me that you aren't going to let this slide? Her boss deserves to know what she was doing( or not doing in this case ) Especially the reason why you were there.

Hope to see you all next week (((((kwinsters))))))

Dams

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Kwin,

So you'd think that as she's in her place of business that we'd get a break, but no. She attempts to ignore us, and doesn't even tell us that the person that we're waiting for isn't in the office dispite the fact that it's 3:25 and our appointment is 3:30.

I hate to think this would happen, but is it possible that as the receptionist she would tell the counselor that you cancelled? Or perhaps the counselor had to cancel due to an emergency and the receptionist was supposed to call you to tell you to reschedule? I would definitely bring it up when you see the counselor next time.

And as a sidenote: just realize that to JWs working in a medical type of environment, HIPAA means nothing when it comes to taking gossip to the elders or others at the KH. Just a reminder that your privacy may mean nothing to her.

Andi

• horrible life
    horrible life

HIPPA

Do you have HIPPA in Canada. It is among other things a Privacy Act? In the US, the patient signs it, and it has to be witnessed.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I would discuss the possible lack of privacy with your counsellor, and if possible request that this receptionist NOT handle your records.

Dams

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

UN - BE - LIEVABLE

Oh my gawd. Kwin, wow, I'm sorry you had to deal with that. But wow.

Are you going to tell the counselor about the way his secretary is treating patients she doesn't like?

Dave

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

HER holy ass is YOURS, dude!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    In the US, the patient signs it, and it has to be witnessed.

The question is, did the RECEPTIONIST sign it? As an employee of a medical facility, that should be part of the regular hiring/orientation process. Even as an admin in a pharma company (where I had NO access to medical records of any kind) I was required to sign one.

Kwin, there is a Watchtower somewhere (Questions from Readers?) that basically says that loyalty to Jehovah must come before loyalty to a job regarding private matters. You may consider giving a copy of that article to the counselor if you are concerned about your privacy.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

We signed a confidentiality agreement. I actually got a call from the counsellor later on, and explained the situation (turns out the counsellor was at her other office". I stated that JW's are required to share any info to the elders about an individual, if they think any wrongdoing is or has taken place, it is a writen policy of the JW's. She says the JW would lose her job for sharing any confidential info, but that she would contact "the regional director" about the situation. A second phone call later (at 8:30pm) the counsellor stated that "the regional director" had to get advice from "the national director" in Toronto about the situation, and that they'd call me tomorrow.

Kwin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit