Why on earth do they need all those books?

by Lady Lee 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

The average dub has not read....cover to cover.....most of the 192 page books. The most any book gets covered is when it's studied at the book study....such as the "Truth" book. Most of these books are not Book Study books so again, most dubs are unfamiliar with the contents.

It's just like the AWAKE magazine.....we all had to read an article real quick like on saterday morning so we'd...."have something to talk about" to the housholder.

LadyLee said it well......many books were duplicates of earlier publications with just a slight twist.

Gumby

Hi Ozmeister

• Dan-O
  • Dan-O
    Dan-O

"Why on earth do they need all those books?"

In case they run out of Charmin.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Why so many books?

Same hook, different bait!

S'all it is.

W.Once

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene
    "Also, we must not only publish books about or in explanation of the Bible; we must also help the Bible readers to understand these Bible-explaining books, …" (The Watchtower Nov. 15, 1961 p.694)

Love it, Gary! They need books to explain the Bible and then they need more books to explain the books that explain the Bible. That's just pitiful but I'm LMAO.

Maybe it's kinda like being overmedicated. You start out with one medication for a problem, then you need another one to counteract the negative side-effects of the first one, and so on...

~Merry

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Luna 2, excellent point about the rank and file being considered “publishers”.

TheListiner said:

Of course, to the making of many books there is no end.

This brings to my my mind Ecclesiastes 12:12: "But, my child, be warned: There is no end of opinions ready to be expressed. Studying them can go on forever and become very exhausting!" (NLT)

• garybuss
    garybuss

"Approved association with Jehovah's Witnesses requires accepting the entire range of the true teachings of the Bible, including those Scriptural beliefs that are unique to Jehovah's Witnesses." (The Watchtower April 1, 1986, p.31)

Poster's note: The "Scriptural beliefs that are unique to Jehovah's Witnesses" changes every week with the delivery of the latest piece of literature mass produced by the group leaders. In my opinion, the reason there is literature published, is that the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation is a business in the literature production business. It's their product. It'd be like asking, "Why does the Ford Motor Company make cars?".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit