Which aspect of JWs would you like to see a documentary about?

by Gadget 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

How about the continued barrage of false dates for the end of the world? How many times can you claim the sky is falling before people will not listen?

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I would have to side with 'googlemagoogle'....I'm married to a df'd, ex witness - never been one myself - so my interest would be spiked by something that affected me directly or that I thought might affect me directly like 'the household report'. If there were only 8 minutes to tweak the public interest and hold it right off, I would go with something they can relate to and in this age of privacy concerns etc, I'd want to know what it is they write down and why.

Of course any good segment would only give you enough to get you interested and playing theocratic war games would only touch the top of the topic to get the public wondering and asking questions, then once the door blew open, I'd work my way up the ladder one step at a time. After the reports, I'd go for the jugular and hit the real estate and financial holdings - all the things tax payers like to know about...until I finally destroyed the mystic of disfellowshipping, doctrine, policy, jc's and so on and of course elaborate on the orders to kill issue of the GB when it comes to blood transfusions etc and their flip flops that have resulted in the death/sacrifice/murder of men, women and children all in the name of old and new light..

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

I'd like to see a documentary on their " Twelve Step " program, if you will, on how they initially bring someone into the " flock' and through their well defined indoctrination turn people into WT slaves - physically and emotionally.

The great majority of people in the world only see the Witnesses as a mild irritation; they know nothing of the true workings of the Borg.

• Flash
    Flash

CULT definately!

I would use them as an example of a well organized world wide cult, breaking down the tatics of the controling JW mentality and culture for all to see, so people would understand who exactly it is knocking on their doors.

• Gadget
    Gadget
    I'd like to see a documentary on their " Twelve Step " program, if you will, on how they initially bring someone into the " flock' and through their well defined indoctrination turn people into WT slaves - physically and emotionally.

How would relate the Watchtower to the Twelve step programme? I was actually talking about that to a friend of mine who is investigating a cult in London that uses the twelve steps.

At the minute my idea for the dicumentary is talk about my experiences of shunning, and then to explain how great an effect it had due to the amount of control the watchtower has over JW's. Once the control is shown, I can show how this relates to scandals such as peadophiles, un, finances, 607, etc. What do you think?

Paul

• Confession
    Confession
    At the minute my idea for the dicumentary is talk about my experiences of shunning, and then to explain how great an effect it had due to the amount of control the watchtower has over JW's. Once the control is shown, I can show how this relates to scandals such as peadophiles, un, finances, 607, etc. What do you think?

I think you're on the right track--that is, if you want to captivate people. Let's call it...

"The Guardians"

• sf
    sf

The 12 step program starts with a basic love bomb. Just as the WTOrg rep/ publisher does when they first get their claws into you.

If you've ever spent any amount of time in 12 step programs, there is a lot of cultish behavior and brainwashing. Shunning too. And a total dependency on The Program.

sKally

• alamb
    alamb

Shunning. A documentary. Just have a narrator explain it and then have audio clips of elders, CO's, etc. explaining what a loving provision it is. All the while having a fade-in, fade-out slideshow of faces of families and written on the bottom of the screen the number of years their family has been torn apart....and the faces of the children robbed of loving parents due to a hate-filled doctrine.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

I've thought about a doc for the Jdubs in the past. The problem is, no one would watch it. Imagine Sunday night viewing opportunities: CSI, Law and Order, Some stupid reality show, and JDub Doc. Unless the viewers are or have been a JDub, people don't care. My guess, the knocking doc will fall into obscurity because of this, in fact, it's probably the reason why they choose those topics, because they think they are more likely to get higher rating with it.

So, as a producer, if I was going to do this I would take one of three avenues:

A reality show at bethel

A fictional documentary of life in bethal, as a comedy.

A serious documentary of Religious Americana

steve

• kls
    kls

All of it ,the real truth from being recruited to the dirty lies and the secrets . Everything .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit