Why is what JW's believe in bad? what do they believe in?

by vaporize 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• inquirer
    inquirer

Diamondblue1974

If you consider the social dynamics of a congregation objectively however you can soon cut through the warm fluffy veneer and left remaining is a core of shallowness and fear, a fear they will not admit to because their minds are conditioned into ignoring it and pretending it doesnt exist; on the outside you see the subtle mind control techniques they use to indoctrinate people into believing their version of Christianity and its not hard to see that fear, guilt, and shallowness are fundamentally what is instilled into a Jehovahs Witness at all levels...be careful is my advice...consider everything you are taught objectively...research like you have never researched before but dont and I repeat dont just refer to their publications...get a balanced view on their teachings.

inquirer -- This brought back something to me... When I was having a discussion one time with this elder (regarding shunning) and I said so what if someone doesn't believe now, Jehovah's the judge... I saw him doodling on the paper, and I found it quite disturbing what he was drawing (when you consider the psychology of it). He drew 3 target circles, like as if he wanted to kill me. Much like this one (on the link) but having only one cirlce per target http://www.wmporter.com/targets/target%203%20Red%20Circles%20and%20Center.html

And, you really got to wonder why they are so adamant they are right on everything. And this doodling body language, just scared me a little as you can imagine!

• inquirer
    inquirer

jwfacts

I used to be 100% convinced JW's were the only true religion, because I studied the Watchtower endlessly. It was not until I compared it to what other religions believe that I could see the dishonesty and inaccuracies. It is important that people in other religions are just as sincere about finding truth as JW's, and so have a good scriptural reasons for what they believe.

JW's know Watchtower doctrine very well, unfortunately Watchtower doctrine is quite simple and where it deviates from mainstream Christianity is usually wrong.

A simple look at the history shows why. Russell had no great religious knowledge, yet started a new religion by pasting together the bits he liked from other religions, something he admited to himself. When Russell died Rutherford discarded many of Russells teachings, calling many Satanic and introduced his own. This shows that Holy Spirit did not direct the religion, it was just the ideas of untrained men.

In general JW's are well intentioned, but it can be a dangerous religion. Extreme reliance on rules, the hypocritical stand on blood, and the extremely damaging using of disfellowshipping makes being a JW potentially damaging to a person in the long term.

I have posted some of the changes and some of the inaccuracies that i found with a little bit of research at www.jwfacts.com

inquirer -- awesome post! Keep it coming

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Vaporize, The Watchtower Society is 20 years off of all their Kings in the old Testement. Check History out on Jehoiakim and Zedekiah's reign. The Organization is built on the 1914 doctrine. Their own literature proves them wrong. You need to check their background and look at older publications and see how they have been lying ever since that religion was started by a man in the 1700's. Here are some examples of the past. Awake mag. October 8,1968 said "There have been those in the past who predicted an end to the world but nothing happened. Why? What was missing, missing was the evidence that God was backing them." The Watchtower Society predictted an end to the World dozens of times. Like 1914, 1918, 1925, and 1975 are a few. Also the Awake mag.May 22,1969 said, "If you are a young person, you need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system. Evidence of Bible prophecy indicates this system is due to end in a few years." The kingdom Ministry 1968 page 4 said, "In view of short period of time majority of people living today will be alive when Armageddon breaks and there are no resurrection hopes for those who are destroyed." Awake January22,1989 page 9-11 said "Catholic Church is blunt in it's disapproval of Homosexuality but the Church conducts a cover up for guilty Priests and even makes it possible for them to continue their sexual perversions. Church officials have failed to notify Authorities." Now notice what the Hypocrites say in Feb. 15,2002 page 4, "As directed in July 1, 1989 letter to all bodies of elders, you should immediately call the legal department for direction if you learn of a case of child abuse, never suggest to anyone that they should call the police or authorities." The Organization is run by Apostates but they label those who leave the organization Apostates. The people in there are [most of them] are sincere and believe God is using them. I did at one time but got out after a LOT of research.

• FairMind
    FairMind
    JW's know Watchtower doctrine very well, unfortunately Watchtower doctrine is quite simple and where it deviates from mainstream Christianity is usually wrong.

This is especially the case with regard to the FDS doctrine and the directing of people to the "organization" for salvation rather than to Jehovah God through Jesus Christ. In all fairness though some of the deviation from mainstream Christianity is not wrong, examples being the mainstream doctrines of Hellfire and immortal soul.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit