What the Watchtower Society thinks of your favorite bands!?

by inquirer 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Loved the GnR bit...I used to listen to them all the time...that and Iron Maiden, Ozzy Osbourne and of course Metallica......

Fabulous bands...also used to listen to less aggressive stuff as well as I have always been able to appreciate all types of good music...plus they beat the Kingdumb Melodies hands down dont they?

DB74

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    Decide: [awake!, 1994 p. 7] Last year in New Jersey, U.S.A.,

They even spelt it wrong. They`re called "deicide", which means "killing god(s)". And they`re not very good, never were, and are not/have never been in the forefront of the black metal scene. If you want black metal, look to Norway, cause here is were it started. Satyricon are definitely the best black metal-band these days. Mayhem were good, Meshuggah, early Dimmu Borgir, Cathedral and Ulver ( my personal favorite in this genre). I really hate it when those WTS-idiots pretend to be "up-to-date" on what`s going on in the "devils world", and it turns out they have no clue.

• inquirer
    inquirer

young hearts, be free..

Wooooooooh, fuck!!!!!!

I remember reading all those articles when I was young (and impressionable), man they bring back some memories!!!! I was scared shitless by the references to Deicide, Slayer etc.......... I guess that was the aim!

Well I bought "Edward The Great"-Iron Maiden a few days back, love those guys...oops did I say love??? Sorry, I'm really not idolatrous! Have some sympathy for the devil though, he gets its pretty hard these days :D Jeez, you'd have to be a nut to take words seriously enough to kill a dog, to rape someone, to commit a murder in the name of music!!!

Right, can you just turn up that Marilyn Manson vs Eminem album, ta !

inquirer -- Love Iron Maiden! I use to listen to them all the time! I am more into Bruce Dickinson now! He's like my Elvis Presley (I like him as well BTW.)
    Yeah, I was pretty young when this came out as well, somehow I just seemed to ignore that and just listen to them anyway. I didn't listen to Deicide though. Still never heard any of their songs. Gone off Slayer, just like all the typical old school Iron Maiden metal though. :)

• inquirer
    inquirer

Hellrider,

They even spelt it wrong. They`re called "deicide", which means "killing god(s)". And they`re not very good, never were, and are not/have never been in the forefront of the black metal scene. If you want black metal, look to Norway, cause here is were it started. Satyricon are definitely the best black metal-band these days. Mayhem were good, Meshuggah, early Dimmu Borgir, Cathedral and Ulver ( my personal favorite in this genre). I really hate it when those WTS-idiots pretend to be "up-to-date" on what`s going on in the "devils world", and it turns out they have no clue.

inquirer -- sorry that was me that got the spelling wrong. I was rushing with this article! I was frustrated with the formatting, but now I use this other program which converts it to the right formatting. :)

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

Decide: [awake!, 1994 p. 7] Last year in New Jersey, U.S.A.,

two 15-year-old boys brutally killed a

family’s pet Labrador dog named Princess. “It was a sacrifice for Satan,”

they claimed. They held the dog up by

her chain, kicked her to death, ripped her tongue out and used it in a satanic

ritual. They impaled the mutilated body of the dog on a large metal hook and

hung it in a neighbor’s yard. Satanic markings were found on the dog’s head,

and a pentagram (a five-pointed star in a circle—a Satanic symbol) was etched on

the ground beneath the dog’s body. On

the night of the killing, they were listening to Deicide
    (which means

murder of God), a death-metal band, whose lead singer boasts of torturing and

killing animals.

WILD-EYED, long-haired young man

stands before an audience of cheering, chanting fans. He takes a bucketful of

animal blood and entrails and dumps it over the first few rows. The fans laugh,

wipe the stuff on themselves, and throw chunks at one another. This scene,

according to Florida’s St. Petersburg Times, took place at a rock concert by a

band called Deicide, which means ‘the killing of a god.’ This kind of music is

called death metal, supposedly the most extreme form of heavy-metal rock. In

recent years it has become more popular in Florida and internationally, ever

since the success of an album entitled Scream Bloody Gore, by a band called

Death.

we've got 2 deicide albums...never sacrificed our dogs to satan though. matt went to a deicide concert once. i remembered this article and i asked him about the whole dumping animal blood and crap. he said it was all fake. and when you think about it...that's so not legal. there's no way the cops at a show would let them do that. not very sanitary.

luv, jojo

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

K nights I n S atans S ervice-- KISS was heavily denounced by young unmarried 30 y.o stud muffin circut overseer Scott Lechliter (sic) i was there sitting in the front roll center ca.1990 @ the Kingdom Hall Jehovah's Witnesses Rockland Massachusett--1990 was the same year the Watchtower denounced the Simsons animated TV show at the Providence civic center district assembly.I am a smooth jazz guy all the way,and was belittled and jeered from same congregation for being a "geek".

Anything to divert from failed 'profitcys'

Danny Haszard-'expert witness on the Jehovah Witness'

• upside/down
    upside/down

Guns N' Roses still kicks ass...

I always felt guilty as a Dub listening to them....but they just sounded sooooo good.

So I re-taped their songs and "edited" all the profanity...

Now I sing along and SCREAM the profanity....."Cuz there's been something that's builing up inside...for so FUCKING long....they're outta get me!.....I'm FUCKING innocent.....so you can SUCK me....take that one to heart...."

Man that felt good!

u/d(of the always HATED Kingdumb Melodies...class)

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

i always had problems with the elders for listening to hard rock. but i remember an old magazine (don't remember if it was awake or wt) that talked about not listening to "loud pop-music".

• lawrence
    lawrence

Thanks for posting the articles. I smashed my electric guitar, trashed my amp, and ripped apart the PA, no more demonz rocking for me - as of this day I will only listen to Kingdom Melodies. Look what happened to Pigpen and The Owl (trivia time..).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit