San Francisco Anyone?

by Tina 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Pierced Angel,

I was intrigued at the interest in double decker buses, so did a search via google. Lots of US co's offering special trips etc on UK buses, doesn't America build double deckers?

In London, red double deckers obscure the view.

Englishman.

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

One more thing, Tina:

NY brings up a good point. According to my uncle, San Francisco is the only port where the US Navy allows enlistees to wear winter issue year round.

Warm regards,

Sam Beli

I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind. What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted. Eccl 1:14, 15

• proplog2
    proplog2

Before you go watch Hitchcocks best film "Vertigo". Then visit some of the scenes.

Go to Fort Point where Kim Novak jumped into the bay. Truly, one of the spookiest views of the Golden Gate Bridge.

Jimmy Stewarts apartment still sits at the bottom of Lombard St. Your son might like to walk past the SF real world location (MTV?)

Visit the sea lions at Fisherman's Wharf and pretend you're at the Kingdom Hall.

Walk down Baker Beach - Another great view of the Golden Gate Bridge.

Go to Muir Woods. It's the closest thing to "God" I know of.

View the San Francisco Skyline at night from Sausalito.

By some Chinese herbals in Chinatown.

There are some places on the internet that will give exact locations for Vertigo.

San Francisco is a no-brainer for sight-seeing. You just got to be there.

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

I GOT IT!!

at fishermans wharf there are usually punk rock kids with a
    sign that says "take a picture with us for $1.00"

They hate it and even chase people who take pictures of them
    without paying them.. Hey everyone's gotta make a buck.

Go to them, and ask if you can speak about the kingdom,
    forsee a day when nobody will have to beg........etc...etc

• joelbear
    joelbear

Hi Tina,

People took most of my suggestions.

I would add, a walk around Haight-Ashbury.

A drive down the Pacific Coast Highway to Carmel and/or Big Sur. Beautiful cliff/ocean landscapes.

Guess he won't be doing the Castro, so I'll leave those suggestions out. hee hee.

hugs

Joel

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hi Tina,
    If you're looking for a great place to eat, informal and not too pricey, yet with great food, I highly recommend Via Vai.. It's a sort of upscale pizzeria, but actually more of a trattoria .. the young chef is from Treviso; he makes fabuolus gnocchi!

• Stacey
    Stacey

Lisa Bobesa? Are you from the Sunnyvale/Bay Area originally? Did you go to a local KH? I grew up in this area and still live here also. Just curious!

Stacey

• JWinSF
    JWinSF

Wow! Another fan of Hitchcock's "Vertigo", one of my all time favs. I went to the '96 re-release of the remastered film. It was at The Castro Theater. Saw Kim Novak in person at the reception. What a gorgeous woman.

See ya,

• JWinSF
    JWinSF

Being a resident of SF, I can say that all of the above suggestions are "right on". I didn't see China Town listed. That's fab also.

Oh, BTW, the mention of Baker Beach. He should be aware that the north end of the Beach [closer to the Golden Gate Bridge] is "clothing optional" and primarily, but not exclusively, gay.

I didn't notice if this was mentioned. Go to the top of Twin Peaks and get a wonderful view of San Francisco and all the surrounding areas.

Hope this helps.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

TO Stacy,

I went the Kingdom Halls in Los Gatos/Monte Sereno area, as a teenager; Nampa Idaho as a kid; Campbell as a little kid. (Monte Sereno/Blossom Hiegths were my congs in the late 80's) How about you?

--LisaBobeesa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit