worry about yourself. who cares what everyones else does...

by What_is_ur_point 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• zagor
    zagor
    I make no apologies for this board or anyone on it. Including you. If you "believe in God" (whatever that means) then fine. If you don't, fine. If you think God is a wart on a frog's asshole, great. What does it matter to me? For me? To me? or any other preposition in regards to me or anyone else. I think you miss the probable intention of this board and these people. Although I cannot speak for the others, I see this platform as a way to expand you. Yeah, you! Having been in or near an "organization" who's avowed purpose is always for somebody else, its hard to imagine a bunch of folks who are really only concerned with you. I don't care if you believe in Jesus, Jehovah, or Rutabaga, I want you to be as happy and as content as you can be. Trying to make yourself happy by believing something that somebody else says is right is a dead end street; but, that is my experience. Maybe for you it is Nirvana, in which case, great, if you truely feel that way, no one here has the authority nor the validity to say that you are wrong. However, if you cannot understand the subtlties nor grasp the emotional strings that are displayed by those who write to this board, then your place is not here. It is quite probable that your place is to remain in the congregation whos inconsistancies made you curious about "us". There is no shame in that (although many bitter voices centered here may disagree) , not only because "shame" is so relative, but because beneath it all, the "true Christians" of this world only want you to be like Jehovah claims to be: happy. If you are happy where you are, then stay there. If not, then get off your ambivalent ass and decide, you dumb shit, decide.

Crikey, that's quite an introduction. Mate you should slow down just a bit. If people were talking to each other like that on regular basis no one would come here any more. In any case you should wait a bit longer before start talking like that. 8 posts so far just don't do it.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Being assertive empowers you. My sweetheart tells me that I am not afraid to give my opinions. He says it's a real turn on. Mind you, I try to be tactful, but if it's important, I will say how I feel.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ
    i dont care what people say

I just wonder why you are part of a discussion board if this is the case.

Why did you come here exactly, unless you wanted to lean other people's point of view, their stories and opinions? I'm not sure you will get the most benefit of what the people here have to offer if you only expect one-way traffic from you- expecting everyone else to buckle and agree with you. Life would be boring if that happened wouldnt it?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I don't get the premise you present here.

If you don't care what others think - why post on a discussion board?

If you don't want others to care what you think - why post on a discussion board?

If you discompassionately have no interest in the pain and healing of other former Jw's - why post on an xjw discussion board?

If I don't care about sewing [and I don't] I will not ever even visit a 'sewing discussion board'.

How hard is that, my friend?

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit