Really, Do You Look Down Upon Religious People?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Soledad
    Soledad

Just as long as they don't look down on me for not worshipping their god I won't look down on them either.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

i always want everyone's opinion on everything because i know how much i can learn from open forums of communication. but i find that if people live and let live, that is the most impressive thing they can ever do. it goes with everything though...

christian, but let be heathen.

atheist but let be theist or deist.

straight but let be gay.

gay but let be straight.

white but let be black.

female but let be male. (that can be a hard one )

bethel

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

There's this evangelical dude at work that struts around like a peacock, bible in hand. I can't help but feel revulsion...

• zagor
    zagor

Not really, I feel rather sorry for them remembering that once upon a time I was one of them.
    I realize that each one of us goes through personal journey of self-discovery and discovery of the world around us. Hence, it takes TIME to grow out of anything. If 10 years ago someone told me what I'll be thinking today I'd say they were nuts and I certainly wouldn't have appreciated back then if someone tried to ridicule me or force me into atheism.
    I hold that respect of a person must be preserved at all times regardless if we agree with his/her views or not.

• kazar
    kazar

Embarrassed to admit it, but I do.

• rem
    rem

I'm ok with people who have faith and freely admit that their belief is irrational. I only get annoyed when they insist that their faith is based on some valid logic or that I'm missing out on something real because my mind isn't open to unfalsifiable claims with no solid evidence in their favor.

rem

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

I do have a hard time with an adult who believe that god, Santa Claus, Superman are for real. I feel embarassed for them.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Depends on how much they look down on me.

• Daunt
    Daunt

I look down upon anybody who looks for absolute truth through emotion and other types of unreasonable ways. And my disgust for them rises when they try to push this "truth" upon me. Whether it's atheism to muslim. Just seems to happen with the religious folks more often.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit