Rectum circles who park in handicap parking

by buffalosrfree 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

You really should have prepared me for that lol Sorry maybe I shouldn't laugh but that picture on someone's dashbord along with the comment would hopefully make someone think.

But then some people never think.

I suppose the rules are different from one province/state or country to another.

Although I have only been using a chair for 2 years now, I have been reporting these lazy sob for years.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Good work from everyone who confronts people taking valuable disabled parking spots from others.

Its pure laziness on the part of people who use them Unnecessarily .

At a local shopping centre here though we have disabled parking, senior citizen parking, mothers with babies parking and 1 hour parking. By the time they have all these specially designated parking spaces you hardly have any regular parking spots left!

• ballistic
    ballistic

Thanks miss peaches - I was hoping I wouldn't get flamed for my earlier coment (which hasn't happened)- needless to say there were hundreds of other spaces available (indeed the whole front of the car park for mothers and babies).

An interesting side point here is that in England the police have no right to enter and enforce high way laws on private property what so ever. This is one of numerous threads in which I find the powers of police in America to go against the grain.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

I think the whole thing is getting out of line. Parking spots for mothers with young children, parking for Seniors!!!!

Ok, handicapped/disabled/physically challenged/PC buzzword of the week/ I can see. Seniors... ok but then again, they are retired, they got no where they have to be, they can walk. Mommys? No way. What possible reason should there be for them to get the choice spot? LET THEM WALK. It will give them time to reconsider their (often ill-thought) decision to reproduce.

Why is it everybody thinks they're 'special' nowadays?? It ain't gonna kill anyone to walk a few extra feet to the store entrance. How do you think people got around before cars?

No Apologies

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    Mommys? No way. What possible reason should there be for them to get the choice spot? LET THEM WALK.

Ever tried going through a parking lot with 3 kids? Who refuse to stay with you and you don't have enough hands to keep them out of the traffic?

Ever driven through a parking lot where little kids appear out of nowhere right in front of your car?

Having parking for moms with these little kids is simply a safety issue. I'd rather roll in my wheelchair than drive over a kid

• No Apologies
    No Apologies
    Ever tried going through a parking lot with 3 kids? Who refuse to stay with you and you don't have enough hands to keep them out of the traffic?

The first time they get run over, they will stop running out in front of cars.

Seriously, this could happen no matter where you park in the parking lot. And who has three kids that young? Either teach your kids how to behave out in public or leave them home.

Ever driven through a parking lot where little kids appear out of nowhere right in front of your car?

No, but I know enough to slow down when I see people up ahead.

Having parking for moms with these little kids is simply a safety issue. I'd rather roll in my wheelchair than drive over a kid

Again, they could get hit anywhere. Its not a safety issue, its pandering to parents. Gotta keep those consumers and their consumer kids happy.

Heck, when I was a kid, we got left in the car while mom and dad went in to get the groceries. Course that was the good old days. We didnt have seat belts, never heard of car seats for kids. Its a wonder we survived.

No Apologies

• 1Faith
    1Faith

I had an elderly lady threaten me with "citizens arrest" in the store parking lot once because I "didn't look sick" I explained that I was chronicaly ill and every step I took was agony and I could only take so many limited steps that day or else colapse. I told her my placard was legit. Well, that made her angrier. She then went into the store ahead of me and asked the manager to call the police.

Here in California they are real tough on disabled parking violations so we don't have a problem with non disabled using them, just militant senile old ladies with attitudes.

High five to all of you dealing with disabilities. Raised in a cult, then disabled, I get a little cranky sometimes.

• LDH
    LDH

While I don't make a practice of using Handicapped spots, about an hour ago (10 pm) I went to Vons Supermarket. There were TEN handicapped spots, all directly in front of the store, and EMPTY.

Now I will admit that this chaps my ass. I have to park in a dark section of the parking lot just in case ten handicapped people all want to run to Vons at ten pm and get kitty litter alongside me.

However, the only time I get on a soap box about the issue is when some Handicapped-Al Sharpton type supporter yells and screams "We want equal rights"

OK, How about the same damn rights I have? I'm 5'11" and I can tell you I do NOT fit into a normal bathroom stall, period. On the occasions that I have to use the public facility I end up contorting my body (literally) to get in and out of the jon without rubbing my pants leg on it.

So I use the Handicapped stall. Sorry!

It is difficult to strike a balance between compassion and reality.

Lisa

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

It's ok to use the handicapped stall. The stalls are made to be handicapped accessible, which means that it's made so that the disabled can fit in it. Making the stall handicapped accessible means that everyone can use it. You know like when you make a grocery store handicapped accessible. It makes it easier for the disabled to use.

• LDH
    LDH

MsMc,

You must not live in California!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit