well they did not reinstate me!! dont know how i feell!

by Cordelia 41 Replies latest jw friends

• defd
    defd

Defd speaks from his stubbornly held premise that if you leave the Society, you also leave off serving Jehovah. Since the Society is a false religion, this is simply not true and may be ignored.

Day star it is not a stubborn premise. Just look at SOME of the posters here who have left what they call WTBTS. Cursing up a storm......... Being unduly cruel and hateful...................... Telling dirty jokes.............. and much more. I know that no one is perfect. I even get caught up in the mud slinging at times. For the ones I speak of and they know who they are, They say they havent left Jehovah. Acting like that, no BEING like that, they have left Jehovah in my opinion.

• daystar
    daystar
    Day star it is not a stubborn premise. Just look at SOME of the posters here who have left what they call WTBTS. Cursing up a storm......... Being unduly cruel and hateful...................... Telling dirty jokes.............. and much more. I know that no one is perfect. I even get caught up in the mud slinging at times. For the ones I speak of and they know who they are, They say they havent left Jehovah. Acting like that, no BEING like that, they have left Jehovah in my opinion.

Perhaps, but the one does not necessarily follow the other. You yourself emphasize SOME.

• defd
    defd

Perhaps, but the one does not necessarily follow the other. You yourself emphasize SOME.

Agreed daystar but I was wanting to Justify my statement thats all.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

And finally, defd, you admit that it is "in [your] opinion." From what I have seen, you stubbornly hold that opinion. It forms a premise from which you approach posters on this forum.

You have repeatedly equated leaving the Organization with leaving Jehovah. The two are only synonymous if the Organization = Jehovah. That is the major contention of a majority of posters here, and your posts help to establish the truth of the claim. To most JWs, the Organization = Jehovah, the two are as inseparable as the Organization of Pharisees and Sadducees in Jesus day were inseparable from Jehovah in the minds of most Jews. You prove this point admirably by your posts.

But, they were not in fact the same. Jesus sought out those expelled from the synagogue as apostates and invited them to join him. He reviled the "earthly organization" of his day and their thinking on many occasions. Jesus had less respect for the Pharisees than he had for one accused of apostasy that had just been expelled (shamatta) from the synagogue. (John 9) Maybe one day, you will attain to that same persepctive, defd. I truly hope so.

Do you want to be master over the faith of others? Do you really want to encourage others to go back to a blatantly Pharisaical arrangement of authority, to a "fence around the law" of the Christ? I hope not.

OldSoul

• mouthy
    mouthy

For the ones I speak of and they know who they are, by df

There you go talking about me again dear DF!!!Yes you are right I did tell a dirty joke -I thought it so funny.At my age ( even with my false teeth still in) I can still laugh a lot.... But you see I have such a loving God. HE knows me!!! & HE loves me! I am born again! just as a Daddy forgives his little girl I KNOW my Father ( heavenly) forgives my weaknesses - He may tick me off when I see HIm face to face- but With the love he has shown me since I was DF by "Mother"I am confident it will be in LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!( hug)

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Cordelia:

I think the reason this is so hard for you is that you want something you can't have. You want to be able to live a normal life, and have a normal relationship with the man you love and with your parents. It's not a lot to ask for, I know, but it looks like it's not an option in your case. So you have to make a choice. You have to. If you don't, you will find one will eventually be made for you, and it's unlikely to be one that makes you happy.

Your choices, as I see them, are to live your life as you choose and hope that the people who say they love you will respect your right to do that, or to sacrifice your own life to try to make other people happy. Only you can make that choice - but you do have to make it.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Cordelia ...my advice for what it is worth is> If you love someone let him/her go if she/he loves you they will return....but remember the WT has such mind control that you may lose your Dad until he sees the light......But that was another promise of God You will lose ALL on account of WAY! Truth! Life -Which in my Opinion is Jesus - Hope you make the right choice

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

thanks so much u all.

i have had a particular bad day today, after speaking to my dad yesterday my bf came round didnt hug me when he came in so i went mad and said awful things coz i expect him to be perfect seeing as i am gonna lose my family to be with him, i know its not fair on him but i always seem to expect extra of him seeing as what im lossing and i know if i carry on like that ill lose him too.

my dads rung me 5 times today to tell me he loves me and hes proud i wont see my bf again for the family (lies again) and that he wants to take me out on the weekend so i dont have bad association (i was spotted in a pub at weekend! and apparently when u are dfed you should spend your time sittin on your own in your house with a watchtower!) thing is ive agreed to go, and im prolonging the hurt i need to be honest i just dont know how, he even said hed talk to me with just a bible no watchtower as i dont believe the f and d slave,

why is he being so nice why cant i just tell him, i should of been honest from the beginning, and now its so hard coz he thinks im so close to being reinstated and itd kill him now!

but my bf wont wait forever , i dont know what to do,

little toe i know you have wondered if im ok mentally for a while (and i dont blame u as u know me) but to be honest i do this week feel like i am cracking up i dont think i can do this much more,

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Cordelia,

he even said hed talk to me with just a bible no watchtower as i dont believe the f and d slave

I may have to revise my recommendation based on this snippet. Someone I know who has been baptized for over 45 years could not explain the teaching of the "other sheep" to me using only the Bible. No one has explained to me the teaching that the Faithful and Discreet Slave is a class of people using only the Bible, and I have asked elder bodies, 2 COs, many individual elders, and opened it up to any JW defenders here on this forum.

If he is willing to talk with just the Bible, ask him to base the beliefs of JWs on just the Scripture. Tell him you don't want to focus on the fun, happy stuff that is to come "in the near future" but that you want to focus on clearly understanding the Bible's foundation for certain basic doctrines. I'll be happy to help.

If any Witness uses only the Bible they will leave the Organization, because the Bible does not support the Organization.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• defd
    defd

I wonder if the same would be said about Jesus. He applied the prophecy of Elijah coming to John the Baptist. Would you have asked him for PROOF. What proof could he give?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit