Other Than D'Fing or Disassociating, How Did You Get JWs To Leave U Alone?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• inquirer
    inquirer

jgnat

I can't GET JW's to pay attention to me. One or two questions, and they fade like vapour in the wind. Or maybe I just don't count, being a woman and all

Maybe JW's are like cats. They purr and run between your legs if you are allergic, and run away from anyone pursuing them.

Inquirer -- LOL! I have seen you post many times on this board, and I know you would ask them quite normal questions!
    :D RUN! RUN! JGNAT IS ASKING A QUESTION! I might leave now too!!! I am so afraid of what you might say! You'll split me right in two!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

Move into a gated community or an apartment with a doorman. Or if they come to your door, answer it naked, smoking a cigarette.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Simple in a way I just ask them questions. Like it says that at heb 10: 24,25 about meeting attendance, if there was really a governing body at time who elected Paul as President? How can he tell the Hebrews what to do, i.e. meeting attendance without the support and agreement of the rest of the Governing body????? Also Rev. brings out the great crowd are those who survive the great tribulation, has that happened yet? They get the deer in the headlights look and leave. no problem. They leave and don't come back with an answer. They quit knocking on my door.

• willowmoon
    willowmoon

I'd been enthusiastically studying, attending meetings regularly, then had some incidents that left me feeling pressured and confused for a number of reasons.

Next time they came over I looked them in the eyes and said to please not come back. One took my hand and said something like, ok, when you're ready let us know, we'll be here for you. They've never been back. I didn't think so at the time, but you all have me wondering ... was it strange for them to react that way? Do they bother only people who are baptized or fully accepted in the organization?

• garybuss
    garybuss

willowmoon, You wrote:
    " . . . then had some incidents that left me feeling pressured and confused for a number of reasons."
    Maybe some time when you're ready you can write about those incidents. I'm interested in reading the accounts.

• Mary
    Mary

Pretend you're a born again christian and end every sentence with "Praise Ja-EEEE-SUS!!!" while holding your arms up in the air. Try to get a glassy look come in your eyes while smiling at them.

I pretty well guarantee they'll leave you alone after that.

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

Just walk away and leave attending meetings without telling anyone. The local elders might call to check up on why you haven't been attending meetings or reporting time, just tell them you've been very busy with work and life in general and hang up.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The smart, faithful JWs already understood that I'm a JW in name only, and only interested in keeping the lines of communication open with my folks.

When I happen to attend the random meeting, I ignore just about everybody else in the congregation, just polite to them as I would be to any unknown person in the street.

Add to that the fact of me being very vocal about stuff that I don't agree with the WBTS. Believe me, they stay clear away from me as most consider me rebellious, borderline apostate.

DY

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Other Than D'Fing or Disassociating, How Did You Get JWs To Leave U Alone?

I firmly say: No! Sit!

and then I squirt them with water.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit