Other Than D'Fing or Disassociating, How Did You Get JWs To Leave U Alone?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Soledad
    Soledad

I asked intelligent questions.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I didn't have Witnesses contacting me. I kicked the Kingdom Hall door on my way out in 1974. My wife stayed active, I worked with my elder dad. The Jehovah's Witnesses never contacted me with Jehovah's Witness business for the first 9 years after I quit associating and doing unpaid work for the publishing corporation.
    I thought that was pretty interesting. The two elders who called on me asked me if I had any questions they could help me with and I gave them 10 questions. That was in 1983 and I'm still waiting for them to answer even one of those questions. Either they weren't honest in their offer to answer questions or they couldn't answer my questions. Either choice didn't set very well with me.
    Initially I never wanted the Witnesses to stay away from me. That's been their choice. I've invited them to my home, I've asked them to study with me, and I've never kicked a Witness out of my home. I don't understand how people have problems with Witnesses contacting them, since my personal experience has been the exact opposite.
    I have invited Witnesses who shunned me in my home to not return. I have invited Witnesses who have contributed any divisive elements at all to my family to not contact my family. That was 20 years after I quit associating and after I had started my recovery journey and after my family was already fractured. The Witness people teach that a person experiences the consequences of their own behaviors and I agree with and I am active with that policy.
    As a part of my recovery I went public with my experiences with the Witness people and the local daily newspaper and the dominate television news station noticed. My experiences with the Witness people was on the front page of our daily paper and the story was on the evening news magazine show. My story is bad. I wish it were different but it's not and it's my only story, so I guess it's all I have to tell.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

I have told them that I have a job that conflicts with the meeting times. I travel one and half hours to work and the same back,state to state and that soon I will be moving out of state.Sunday is my only day to rest and do chores.Then I tell them all about the meetings for that week, Watchtower Study ( thanks Blondie! ) Book Study, Service Meeting ( thanks to those who keep us up to date and post that info. ) and I have all the Public Talks in my library! They are amazed that I'm so on top of things.

I was known has a very kind and knowledgeable Elder. When they see me and my wife, they wave and sometimes have a friendly chat. Friends continue to tell us that they miss us at the hall.

Blueblades

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I made the elders look like asses in front of the whole congregation. Right now I think that they don't want to look worse, so they haven't contacted me, or bugged me at all.

Kwin

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I would say that a good way for them to leave you alone is to tell them to leave you alone.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

The BEST way I know of is to threaten lawsuit against any and all corporate representatives of the local congregation. "Lawsuit" scares them silly.

Darth Yhwh, that doesn't work. I know from experiences in my family, it just doesn't work.

OldSoul

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Oldsoul, It’s not just the words, but also the manner in which you say it. For example, If a JW elder is at my door and I simply say leave me alone, they may or may not fulfill my wish. Now if that same JW elder is at my door and I say leave me alone while simultaneously cleaning a gun, smoking a cigarette, and singing happy birthday to one of my kids…we’ll I think that they’ll more than likely leave me alone from that point.

In all seriousness though, the last time a elder was at my house I told him that I wasn’t interested, I had problems with the doctrinal changes of the WTBS, and to basically leave me alone. I haven’t heard back from them since.

• kls
    kls

The very last time was when a elder came to my door and i told him to go f himself along with the wt,then told him they were all sick Bastards.

It worked and since then they shudder when they see me

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

That's my girl! Took a whole SPATULA full and flung it at 'em, dittin'chya?

OldSoul

• kls
    kls

That's my girl! Took a whole SPATULA full and flung it at 'em, dittin'chya?

OldSoul

You could do it to OS, really ,it's so much fun and the flies make them look so much more appealing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit