Is there anthropological evidence proving the Nephilim's existence?

by truthseeker 38 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I've had this question is my mind for a while now, but has there been any skeletal remains discovered that could prove the existence of the Nephilim?

There's so many unanswered questions about these giants - first of all, were they really hybrids?

Secondly, if the demons could materialise and procreate, how do we not know that they gave their children the same reproductive powers?

Thirdly, did the children of angels have a "spiritual" soul that existed independly of their physical bodies?

If the Nephilim died at the flood, did they have a "spiritual" existence? If this was plasuible, could it be that they "miss their physical bodies" and that is why they seek to possess people to have their old life back?

It is not known how many children of angels existed. The Watchtower once said that the number of people living on earth during the anti diluvian period may have been around 1 to 16 million.

With the complete destruction of all human life outside the ark, where are the skeletons of those who died? Wouldn't they have roughly all been in the same place, since humans back then had an aversion to leaving each other to move further out? (Tower of Babel)

Any theories or suggestions would be welcome!

• Huxley
    Huxley

There is a really cheesy sci-fi movie starring Arch Hall Jr. called, "Eega".

In this "film" a giant is discovered in the desert and they sum up the movie by referencing a scripture about 'giants in the earth' or something.

The film sucks, but it's so bad it's good.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I used to think that the neanderthals were the nephelim. They were stronger, had bigger bones. However, they were not taller than the other humans, perhaps shorter, on the average.

Spirits, well everyone has one.

S

• jstalin
    jstalin

Nephilim are the children of angels and humans, right? If so, why did the angels stop dating humans? If angels could get it on with humans, then why couldn't demons? I haven't seen any demon-spawns lately.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Jstalin,

Allow me to introduce myself!

carmelite

• heathen
    heathen
    but has there been any skeletal remains discovered that could prove the existence of the Nephilim?

It depends on where you look on the web . There are sites about giants and many believe that yes they have found the bones of giants mixed with those of average humans .

were they really hybrids?

I'm guessing it's a matter of opinion .There is no mention of the nephilim taking wives in the bible but only the angels .

Thirdly, did the children of angels have a "spiritual" soul that existed independly of their physical bodies?

There is no mention in the old testament . Much like most of mankind it's believed they will be resurrected when the messianic kingdom is set up to rule.

If the Nephilim died at the flood, did they have a "spiritual" existence? If this was plasuible, could it be that they "miss their physical bodies" and that is why they seek to possess people to have their old life back?

The belief is that the demons are the only beings that can posess people . The demons can no longer take human form .

With the complete destruction of all human life outside the ark, where are the skeletons of those who died? Wouldn't they have roughly all been in the same place, since humans back then had an aversion to leaving each other to move further out? (Tower of Babel)
    It's hard to say what you will consider evidence . The world was after all destroyed entirely by a deluge that wiped the entire face of the planet clean but scientists are always finding stuff like underwater cities .
  • PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I thought I remember being told by the JW's that the Nephilim were "hybrids" and were therefore sterile, like mules or Boy George. So they didn't breed.

But hey, being sterile doesn't mean they still couldn't "get it on", does it?

Pope

• free2beme
    free2beme

No, unless you think the Bible is good enough and need no other proof, like most Christians.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

I don't know about that, but I have an uncle who says a Missing Link in mankind's family tree is still alive.

He doesn't say it with words so much as with his continuing existence.

• gumby
    gumby

If the demon angel bastards could come to earth as humans and copulate with humans whenever they felt like it......doncha think they woulda been playin nasty way sooner with hot Israelite babes and foiling Jehovahs plans by messin up the priestly or kingly linage leading to Jesus? These fellas woulda kicked Noah and his sons arses before they hammered up the first 2x4 to the ark.

*starts actin like jerk right away with his first post in awhile*

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit