The Blue Pill?

by Nellie 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

It can't ALL be wrong, can it?

oh, it can.

is everything we learned and believed wrong?

learned where? in the org? i'd say, there are things most if not all human beings value. like life. so, treating life as "sacred" is not wrong, but i really don't need an organisation to "learn" that.

What is the Armageddon the bible talks about?

a lonely old man's crazy dream.

Who is the Faithful and Discrete Slave?

that's exactly what jesus asked (according to the gospel).

Who is God and how does he want to be worshipped?

why do you think there is a god. and if there would be reason to believe in the supernatural, why do you think it's a "he". or why do you think there's only one? and why do you think he/she/it/they want/s to be worshipped?

• jgnat
    jgnat

I see an exiting JW has a golden opportunity to re-examine all their beliefs. Though unsettling, it can also be a very powerful experience. So many people float through life, letting life happen to them, without ever taking charge. So if I were you, Nellie, I wouldn't settle for pat answers too fast. Enjoy the journey of exploration.

Now, JamesThomas is fed up with religion, and I don't blame him. A lot of cruelty has been done in the name of God. His meditative style has led to peace, so that is certainly one way to go.

Now, in the Christian context, my pastor gave me a simple test to see if a bible command holds to the test. Does it produce the fruit of the spirit, love, joy, peace, etc? If not, then I got the command wrong. Apply a heirarchy to the bible. What is most important? For me, learning to love my neighbour is turning in to a lifelong assignment. I slide in to self-absorbtion far too fast.

OH, AND THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE THING: That was a parable, not a prophecy. We are all to be faithful and look after our brothers before ourselves. It was an individual command, not the establishment of a separate class of "Christian". The Christianity Jesus set up was classless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit