The Blue Pill?

by Nellie 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nellie
    Nellie

It can't ALL be wrong, can it?

Put the principles aside - is everything we learned and believed wrong? What is the Armageddon the bible talks about? Who is the Faithful and Discrete Slave? And my personal favorite: Who is God and how does he want to be worshipped?

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    how does he want to be worshipped

In spirit and in truth, neither of which concept is comprehended by any Witness I know.

What is the Armageddon the bible talks about?

We'll know when it is nearing and not before then.

Who is the Faithful and Discrete Slave?

Individuals who understand what it means to worship in spirit and in truth, and who will be helping others to understand.

I have many Scriptures to support each of these answers, NONE of which matches what the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses teaches its disciples.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• Nellie
    Nellie

1. Are you really 91 years old?
    2. Can it really be that simple?
  • OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Are you really 91 years old?

No that is just my, "If I was born on my real birthday in 1914, how old would I be?" clock. The failed prophecy regarding the generation that saw 1914 is their most recent prophetic debacle. They have at least one every decade or so.

Think about their current explanation of generation and explain to me what someone born in 1910 has in common with a 12-year-old today. The world we live in now is night and day different from the world of 1914, even considering "people's attitudes."

Can it really be that simple?

Oh, most definitely! Of course, you can complicate it up looking for second fulfillments and straining to make dates match up until your eyes bleed. But if you skip that you'll probably be much healthier.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    How does he want to be worshipped?

I replied: In spirit and in truth, neither of which concept is comprehended by any Witness I know.

You asked: Can it really be that simple?

Please read John 4:7-26 and explain to me where Jesus said we would be worshipping when the time for worshipping in Jerusalem passed. Yes, it really can be that simple.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• Nellie
    Nellie

Where isn't addressed - how is.

I've had issues with the generational teaching ever since they changed it. As a matter of fact, that was probably when I swallowed the blue pill. I sat there at the assembly wondering what the heck was going on. That was one of the corner stones of our belief system being wiped out and "most" accepted the change without question - like it was a "treat" this "new brighter understanding" - when all the while I was reeling from disbelief and shock.

Anyway, regarding that "I got you". Doctrinally speaking, however, I just wonder if EVERY thing I believed to be truth, to be fact, to be information that I knew to be correct (even if different from the rest of the world), is actually wrong? I mean how could it ALL be wrong???

• fairchild
    fairchild

This could become a long discussion. It is all right, it is all wrong, some of it is right and some of it is wrong. It really depends on whom you ask. To me, it is all a big question mark.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    It can't ALL be wrong, can it?

If you are referring to the Bible, yes! it can.....and is.

The Bible speaks of a false idea of god, a mental engraved image of a thing within the universe; a deity too tiny to be present; an object separate and far away; a fragment somewhere within the universe; an anthropomorphization limited by time and space, and the human mind.

If you are interesting in understanding your Source, in a way that is not downgrading or belittling, then be still, look into the silent actuality of your being, and discover what all things, all gods, all universes - exist within.

j

• Nellie
    Nellie

fairchild - I agree. That's where I am right now - I'm almost afraid to say I believe in anything, but that doesn't fit right either. I definitely believe in God - it's everything else I'm leery about putting my faith in.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Nellie,

The woman's question was specifically about where. You are exactly correct about Jesus' reply. Her question asked "where," Jesus answer was "neither ... nor ... Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshipers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him."

"Where" is anywhere you can with spirit and truth, which is? Anywhere. The woman asked "where." Jesus answered "how." "Where" was definitely addressed by Jesus, though. He didn't say where, but he did say the two places she believed to be the possible choices were not, didn't he?

They even change the question Peter asked Jesus on the occasion of Jesus stumbling some followers from, "Lord, whom shall we go away to?" into, "Where will you go away to?" That is the question asked of everyone who leaves.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit