Hi everyone I am new here

by acuragirl 26 Replies latest jw friends

• acuragirl
    acuragirl

This is a new thread started from the one my husband left yesterday...........

Hi everyone,this is gringojjs wife.I thankyou all for your comments and your help,really makes me feel better about my situation especially since i see that most of what im going through alot of you have been through the exact same thing.It makes me realize im not the only one and that i can get through this tough time like most of you have.I can really identify with the poster who made the comments about being scared after leaving,not realizing if it was the right decision or not.I am really scared of armagedon,of invisible wicked forces the wts teaches you to turn away from,just like the poster i watched a horror film a couple nights ago and it was about demonism,i was extremely scared i was going to be bothered by the demons for getting involved in watching those kinds of movies.Its ridiculus how scared i was,just believing in satan and his demons,and what they could or could not do.Something my husband doesnt really understand because he doesnt believe in satan or jehovah or a god at all,but when you do believe its scary to think you are upseting god or on the side of satan.I dont know where i am at right now i do know that im confused,the witnesses coming to the door,halloween coming up......which btw i celebrated last year but my concience is really doing me in this time.........I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THE KIDS ! Do they celebrate do they not?I dont know, when the time comes mabe i will but i know one thing i have to make a choice, for my husbands sake,for my SANITY,and for our children.I am glad i have people to share my pain and suffering with,my mother says i dont want to suffer at all because im afraid of losing my husband if i become baptized,she says thats what you have to do for the truth....suffer....Im not going to be happy suffering through life and for what?Mabe nothing.I am not afraid of losing my husband i am afraid of dissapointing my mom but im not going to stay in a religon that makes me totally screwed up in the head.I used to have panic attacks when i was attending meetings i havent had one since not attending,i still have exterme anxiety from worry and fear but no panic attacks....hm....go figure!Last thing,the other day a born again christian approched me by my local post office and asked me if i was interested in attending his church.I simply told him no thankyou my children are already screwed up enough from the JWS.

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

Welcome to the forum and God Bless. I'll be praying for you and yours. You''ll will get a lot of info from many of us....And May Christ watch over all of your family......

PEACE

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Acuragirl:

Welcome! Do stop in for some tea won't you?

So glad your here!

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

Welcome! I'd ask the kids what they want to do. Mine are going with a family friend and her kids, and my wife is joining them. They are leaving me alone to hand out candy. Me, alone, candy. Mwahahaha!

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi and welcome Acuragirl,

Don't be afraid of spirits. I'm almost 70 years old and have never seen any evidence of another invisible world. It's in the imagination of people. We live here with people that are sometimes messed up in their heads and they are the ones to be aware of. Have you ever known of anyone who was injured by a spirit? Enjoy your life and don't worry about someone's imaginative demons.

Ken P.

• vitty
    vitty

First of all dont do anything you dont want to, that includes halloween or the meetings!

If your husband wants to do halloween with the kids, let him, they wont come to any harm, they didnt last year did they ????

Take your time, you dont need to rush back to the KH to sort your head out, in fact, it will be easier to take stock of all the conflicting things, if you give yourself time and space, and I dont think you can do it if your under pressure from your mum.

She will be concerned for you, its only natural, but tell her its such an important decision, you want to do the right thing!!!!

I know what your going through, I stopped going to meetings last year after being in for 20 years as an adult. I went back in, when I was 24 because I was terrified for my children and armageddon, It was the WORST thing I have ever done, and will regret what its done to my children !!!!!!!

I wouldnt watch any horror films, they just jangle the nerves

• MegaDude
    MegaDude
    i watched a horror film a couple nights ago and it was about demonism,i was extremely scared i was going to be bothered by the demons for getting involved in watching those kinds of movies.Its ridiculus how scared i was,just believing in satan and his demons,and what they could or could not do.

The Watchtower talks a lot about demons to keep you scared and dependent on them. But if you look through your Bible, you won't find anyone who followed God that was extremely scared of the demons. This is something the Watchtower encourages that has nothing to do with the Bible whatsoever. Watching a horror movie can be a bad trigger to someone who spent time in the Watchtower. It can take them back to their old feelings of being scared when they heard those silly stories the JWs tell about demons.

.which btw i celebrated last year but my concience is really doing me in this time

I would venture to guess it's not your conscience that is bothering you but the fear that was stirred up from watching a horror movie.

.........I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THE KIDS ! Do they celebrate do they not?

Why not let them decide? You are obviously are in a world of confusion and high emotion about this.

.I used to have panic attacks when i was attending meetings i havent had one since not attending

Quite understandable. Like the horror movie that stirred up your latest unreasonable fear of the demons, going to JW meetings can stir up anxiety or cause panic attacks as they encourage you to feel worthless in the sight of God, that you're not doing enough for God, that you need to go sell more magazines for God. The goal of the Watchtower is to break you down mentally and spiritually until you have nothing but them to depend on.

,i still have exterme anxiety from worry and fear but no panic attacks....hm....go figure!

You are in the beginning stages of recovery from a controlling religion you have unfortunately experienced.

Last thing,the other day a born again christian approched me by my local post office and asked me if i was interested in attending his church.I simply told him no thankyou my children are already screwed up enough from the JWS.

Not just your children. Anybody who spent a lot of time in the Watchtower gets screwed up to some degree. This varies by degrees.

Start your recovery by being real about your anxieties regarding Armageddon and the demons.

Answer these questions:

Who taught you to be afraid of Armageddon?

How many times has the Watchtower predicted Armageddon coming by a certain year and they were wrong?

If the Watchtower is wrong about Armageddon, which can be proved from their own literature, do you still believe them when it comes to their teachings about demons?

Where in the Bible does it say to be in dread of Satan or the demons?

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Welcome, I wish you well in your journey out. My advice, simply:

Baby steps, and big, slow deep breaths. Be easy on yourself first and

foremost.

Peace,

AuntieJane

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

One more important thing: You have a hubby who loves you so much he has spent hours of time on this board trying to learn how to communicate with you for the betterment of your marriage and family. How wonderful is that...and how blessed you are. Give him a special hug today and thank him for caring so much.

Auntie

• gringojj
    gringojj

Thankyou guys for your advice,once again very helpul,and i guess i dont realize how much time my husband does spend on this forum trying to understand and help me.He has learned so much from this forum,practically everything he needs to know to get me away from the wts.As some of you may recall he came here because i was having some doubts about the jws but now my doubts have turned into total disbelief in the org (almost).Its just like a poster said and i cant remember who it was but he said that when you have been indoctrinated as badly as i have even hardcore evidence and facts about something can still not be enough to get you out of it ,therapy may be needed and i think in my case he may be right.Even though the jws makes almost no sense,its still difficult to believe they are not the truth as i have been taught to believe they are the only way since i was born.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit