THE ANOINTED: Qualified? to be Judges?

by Terry 15 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• carla
    carla

Is it possible that many of their sexual policies began when (in the late 70's early 80's?) some of the people at Bethel and even some of the gb were found out to be visiting gay bars? And engaging in homosexual acts? That some of the gb were so repulsed by such activity that they then put policies in place which included private issues between married couples? Did some of these men just have their own sexual problems they put that onto all the members of the society as what should be 'normal' between married couples?

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

I once knew a CO who I still respect. From the platform many times he was heard saying that he could not comment on issues dealing with children, only read the bibles advice and add no commentary because he had not experienced it himself. In this respect he was completely unable to render judgement and deferred to those around him for insight or commentary on such things. I loved this man. The GB does not have the humility to say such things. I believe they see themselves as the benevolent lesser shepherds placed in charge of "the Lawds" flock. But they have mis-managed it and the sheep are dreadfully full of mange.

CHL (of the once was a mangy sheep class)

• sweetsevda
    sweetsevda

sp-eaking of the anointed my grandfather was one of them i sure do miss him n his name was bro. swingle

• Terry
    Terry
    sp-eaking of the anointed my grandfather was one of them i sure do miss him n his name was bro. swingle

I can understand how a much older generation weaned on heaven would naturally feel an inclination to go there; but, I wonder if the fall off in desire for the heavenly doesn't just stem from being exposed to other (more familiar) options?

T.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

A slight twist on this.

Ever met up with a reformed smoker? Or anyone who has given up an addiction?

In my experience they tend to be the worst at judging other people's continued addictions. They seem to have an attitude that if I can overcome my addiction then you can too but you just have no will-power/faith/determination to overcome. Therefore you are lesser than me.

And because you are lesser than me I have no respect for you.

These men in their insulated ivory towers are no different. Even if they never had sex they can imagine what they have given up. Same thing if they gave up children or careers. Everyone is lesser because they have not sacrificed as much as they have.

Ok excuse me while I go

• Terry
    Terry
    A slight twist on this.

Ever met up with a reformed smoker? Or anyone who has given up an addiction?

In my experience they tend to be the worst at judging other people's continued addictions. They seem to have an attitude that if I can overcome my addiction then you can too but you just have no will-power/faith/determination to overcome. Therefore you are lesser than me.

And because you are lesser than me I have no respect for you.

These men in their insulated ivory towers are no different. Even if they never had sex they can imagine what they have given up. Same thing if they gave up children or careers. Everyone is lesser because they have not sacrificed as much as they have.

Ok excuse me while I go

Another thought, too....

All of human misery is dumped on human behavior IN DEFIANCE of a PERFECT standard.

But, the nature of what it is to be human is at stake here.

We cannot take it as a given that human behavior is purely a matter of making perfect decisions or failure of same.

There is a CATCH-22 here!

For the first human pair to make bad decisions is certainly their failure. However, for their (now crippled) offspring to make better decisions is asking alot. If our inherited (by some mysterious mechanism yet to be revealed) imperfection impairs our intellect and inclination, how are we justifiably able to make perfect choices to please God?

THE ENTIRE PROBLEM of the human race is not due to human behavior of any sort! Rather, it is the direct result of GOD HOLDING HUMANS TO AN IMPOSSIBLE STANDARD and punishing them for their failures.

The twist on this nonsense is the characterization of Jesus' behavior as a "model".

Either we CAN or we CANNOT (because of our nature) act "perfectly".

If we CAN; then, every one of us who doesn't is doomed when God is repelled by our behavior. (To simply forgive us skirts the problem, does it not?)

(A wife who forgives a husband who beats her prolongs her own damage and improves nothing in the situation.)

If we CANNOT (act perfectly) then prolonging the misery and damage over the long haul of history amounts to sadism on God's part.

The act of JUDGEMENT at the end of this vast and profound devastion we call human history is redundant. The very act of living and dying is judgement.

The entire hodge-podge of logic (illogic!) in what is represented as a Divine Plan is nonsense on the very face of it.

T.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit