Since when does a woman have the right to preside...?

by Lady Lee 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Honesty
    Honesty

A woman can do almost anything in my church because there is nothing nowhere in the bible that says they can't. Women did all kinds of things in Israel before and after Jesus. The Watchtower GB freaks twist the scriptures so they can maintain control over their followers.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Joel

Although I didn't dare talk about it, I always found the idea of a men-run WTS being the "bride of Christ" more than a little gay.

Hey I was taking a drink and almost choked on this one

Ok this isn't about women teaching the congregation. This does not address issues regarding women in the 144,000. We all know they don't have any real standing. They are not on the GB. They are not allowed positions of authority. They aren't even allowed to write articles or have any say in how the GB work.

It is more about a "bride" having the authority over the congregation. How can the Faithful and Discrete Slave class be the bride of Christ and have authority over anything. It is presumably female, hence the "bride" Another issue in this is the concept that the organization is "mother". How can "mother" have authority? These symbolic concepts just should not have authority simply because they are symbolic women. These two concepts go totally against the WTS teachings of women, figurative or not, having any power. Is this just another area where they twist things to mean what they want it to mean? The other way to look at this is since the "bride" and the "mother" have no right to claim authority over the congregations - zip. And if they have no "right" to claim this authority then their power is zip as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit