Since when does a woman have the right to preside...?

by Lady Lee 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Since when does a woman have the right to preside over the congregation?

We all know that the WTS relegates women to a secondary place within the congregation. Women would never be allowed to be on the GB even if they were anointed. Especially since Rutherford women have been the workers not deserving any praise for the huge amount of work they do. They are not permitted to correct brothers even when the brother is clearly wrong. They must show submission to their husbands. They must wear a head covering when taking the lead when there is a male present. They must even submit in spiritual matters with their own baptized children. Oh and they are never allowed to address the congregation face forward but always as part of a skit so they do not appear to be in the role of teaching the cong. The list goes on and on.

OK We also know that the WTS claims to be God's represntative on earth, the bride of the Lamb. That Christ gives spiritual authority to the GB to dispense food at the proper time.

Ok stop and think about that for a minute. The bride of Christ (a woman) has authority over all JWs.

What's wrong with this picture?

Am I missing something important here?

Do I have this wrong?

How is it possible for a real flesh and blood woman within the org to have zero authority and for a symbolic woman to have total authority?

Can someone explain this to me.

• minimus
    minimus

It's simply symbolic. God has to have a wife in order to bear the son. Lee, stop asking these types of questions, you "Jezebel", and make a meal for a CO.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

LOL @ Min

Well Splane used to be my CO. Want to send him over? I'm sure I can find some blood sausage somewhere in this fair city to feed him

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hey waaaait one minute there bud. You're not getting off that easy

It's simply symbolic

Then the power should be symbolic too - not the iron fist they use to control and manipulate

• minimus
    minimus

I think women elders would be cooooool. Many of the sisters were sharper than their elder husbands.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

I think women elders would be cooooool.

Minimus,

Yes but no elders at all would be even coooooler. After all no one with the authority of one of the 12 Apostles exists anymore to appoint one. Can any of the big shots that think they are so great raise someone from the dead as they could? Can they heal someone as they could. No! All we have now is a bunch of phonies' running around thinking they are really important telling you what to believe and teach.

Go get them Lady Lee. You are as much a disciple as any man and have the same authority as anyone else.

Joseph

• vitty
    vitty

Actually this is something id never thought about, how can the remnant (women) feed the congregations? I mean what was the point of Jehovah picking women to be part of the 144,000 if they cant contibute?????

And when they go to heaven they become non gender anyway!!

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

Although I didn't dare talk about it, I always found the idea of a men-run WTS being the "bride of Christ" more than a little gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

• minimus
    minimus

Joseph, the whole elder arrangement is bogus!

• Dutchy Elle
    Dutchy Elle

Hi Lady Lee,

In Eph. 5:21 Paul says (according to the NW-translation) to ALL members of the congregation (male and female) :

"Be in subjection to one another in the fear of Christ."

This was said to the congregation-members. This is in accordance with Galatians where Paul says in chapter 3:28 :

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor freeman, there is neither male nor female, for YOU are all one [person] in union with Christ Jesus."

If there is no longer a difference in the congregation for Jew to Greek, in slave to freeman, in male to female, then everyone (even male and female) is in the congregation on the same level! There is no difference anymore. In the congregation the man is NOT the head of the woman in general !! And Christ is the HEAD of ALL!

So the man is only the head of HIS woman in marriage, the man is NOT the head over ALL women in the congregation! And that's why Paul makes a difference in Eph. 5 between subjection in the congregation and subjection in marriage. In 5:21 it's about the congregation members (male AND female); in 5:22 it's about marriage, and ONLY IN MARRIAGE the wifes should be in subjection to their husbands as to the Lord. In the congregation the have to be in subjection TO ONE ANOTHER!

Maybe I'm wrong, but these are my two cents .

Greetings from the Netherlands,

Dutchy Elle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit