Good News!!

by RichieRich 31 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

As many of you know, I left my job about 2 weeks ago. It was a sinking ship, and I'm glad I got off when I did.

Well, I still needed money. Money for gas, food, clothes, and breaks in field service.

So, I applied at several business establishments in the area.

A grocery store, a sporting goods store, and Target.

I got the job at Target. I'm now making more than my grandmother makes at her part time job, and I'm just an entry level employee!

This morning is my "orientation", which I guess means about 4-6 hours of boredom.

I'm still excited though.

So now, I'm off to iron my pants, and practice smiling.

And hopefully, soon, I'll be able to speak with you guys more.

Love yall

RR

• luna2
    luna2

Hope you enjoy your new job, Richie!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Congrats Richie!!

Yeah, practice smiling - retails a thankless job, we aren't real people with real lives to a lot of customers.

(sorry for venting, just had the snottiest customers of the day in my shop!)

I've missed your regular posts so looking forward to seeing more of you again.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Congrats Richie!!!!!

BTW.....I have missed you around here!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    Yeah, practice smiling - retails a thankless job, we aren't real people with real lives to a lot of customers.

I'm in retail and I don't feel that way........okay only on days that end in "y".

Hey Richie keep smiling, be cheerful and most importantly helpful. Your customers are your bread and butter. Oh and watch out for those Mystery Shoppers!

Good luck and enjoy retail hell......ewwww the holiday season is upon us

• hubert
    hubert

Good for you, Richie.

I know you'll do great.

(Keep your shirt down)

Hubert

• Cellist
    Cellist

That's great, Richie. We were wondering how you were doing. It's been a good many years since I've worked in retail, but the memories are mostly good. A good sense of humor is definitely an asset. Hope your orientation goes well.

Cellist

• xjwms
    xjwms

Richie

That is so good for you. Glad to see that you are happy.

Keep up the good work, ... and ... Congrats.!

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Wooo-hooooo!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Glad things are going well for ya Richie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit