Snowboarding

by Jordan 11 Replies latest social physical

• Jordan
    Jordan

Any snowboarders here? I recently got into snowboarding, I've had a few hours on a dry slope, just wondering if there's any tips you guys got for us newbies.

• defd
    defd

never tried it, but love to ski.

• Jordan
    Jordan

I've loved what I've done with Snowboarding so far, even though I spend most of my time flat on my arse, but I still haven't mastered that damn ski lift...

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I LOVE to snow-ski! Not too good at it, but do the occassional blue/black. I enjoy the whoosh of the wind in my face and the scenery. Mozz enjoys the whoosh in his face at 90 miles an hour. When we go on vacations together, rarely do we ski together. I move to slow for him and he enjoys the tough stuff to much.

• Purza
    Purza

I started snowboarding about four years ago. I consider myself an advanced beginner (I can do easy intermediate runs) because I only get to the slopes about once or twice a year. All I can tell you is to not give up -- in the beginning you will fall. . . . A LOT. But then all of a sudden you figure out the balance and you get it. Just like riding a bike.

Oh yeah, and I wear wrist guards too -- just in case.

Purza

• Jordan
    Jordan

Wrist guards, is something I may have to look into, but on my first lesson I used knee pads, but about five minutes into my second lesson I took them off, and all of a sudden my balance had improved immensely, I made it all the way down without falling flat on my arse, it was amazing the difference it made.

• Purza
    Purza

I never used knee pads -- maybe because I never fell on my knees -- just face planted. LOL But it is good to know what helps you find that balance.

Have fun!

Purza

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I snowskate. Does that count as snowboarding?

• doogie
    doogie

man, i miss boarding. i grew up in the north and went boarding every couple of weeks for years. i haven't been in a few years (damn you, texas!), but i would say, don't be afraid of falling. you'll take some hard falls, but afterwards you'll realize that you survived (hopefully) and it wasn't so bad.

i've broken my arm and my wrist, and i had one moderate concussion. but all that was after i had quite a bit of experience (enough to do stupid stuff). beginners that get hurt are usually the ones that are afraid of falling. so i say, take a couple of spills, dust yourself off, and give it another try. (a couple shots of jack don't hurt either)

do a run for me while you're at it!

• Jordan
    Jordan

Will do. I'm planning on going again in a couple of weeks. Myself and a couple of friends were looking at boarding holidays, we're thinking of Andorra to start us off with, any info on the best places for us newbies to board? (At a cheap price....)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit