Catholic Church no longer swears by truth of bible?!

by daystar 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute
    But what else can you expect from Satan, Gods Enemy!

why do you have to be such an apostate to catholicism defd? God and Jesus hate apostates

• Soledad
    Soledad

I thought that the Catholics didn't take the bible literally?

• inquirer
    inquirer

I wish they would start saying that books like Tobit and Sirach are fake!

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Gawd defd, you complain to me if I ever say anything against the jw's yet you go ahead and bag the CC whats the deal here? don't you think your all jumping to conclusions about the CC about that article? That article is very much mis-reported, Bascially, the CC doesn't take the entire bible literally- we believe there are metaphores, poetry, symbolism, allagories, etc. Ex: a sword will come out of Jesus mouth in Rev. Most people don't take that as a literal text, instead that is symbolises he will seperate the people etc.

as the Catechism says

138 The Church accepts and venerates as inspired the 46 books of the Old Testament and the 27 books of the New.

as the saying goes, don't believe in everything you see on television Evanescence

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

As far as evolution, the CC teaches that as long as one believes in a Creator, it doesn't matter if we want to believe there was an actual Adam and Eve, or a monkey, or a single cell. But that we accept the beginning of life as coming from God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit