+ Remembering Matthew Shepard +

by Seven 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

Lots of people die at the hands of inhuman monsters.

• just fine
    just fine

The men who did this are serving life sentences at the State Pen. in Rawlins Wyoming. They did a show a while back to try to take back the "gay panic" defense - tried to make themselves look better - only made themselves look worse.

• avishai
    avishai

Wow. I'd like to see that

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Avishai, when my daughter was pregnant, people assumed she and I were a lesbian couple when I'd proudly say, "Our baby is due in March." It was interesting seeing their faces when we explained I was the grandmother.

• avishai
    avishai

Like i said, people assume weird stuff. No one is safe from the violence and hatred that homophobia causes.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I think one of the saddest things about that whole tragedy is the clergyman and the people that rallied with him that picketed Matt's funeral with signs that said things like "Matt is in Hell!". What a thoughtless, diabolical, evil, pointless thing to do. WTF?

• avishai
    avishai

Oh, yeah, those guys need kicked right square in the nuts.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Amen Avi.

Have any of y'all seen the HBO movie?

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Haven't seen that one, but "Boys Don't Cry" the story of Brandon Teena was very powerful too, very hard to watch and know that this stuff still goes on.

Sherry

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Poor guy, he didn't deserve this...however his killers deserve the death penalty!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit