?Willing to work a 10 hour day........

by prophecor 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Jourles
    Jourles

Heck, my day varies widely as it is. Most days I'm in at 8. I just stay until I get what needs to be done, done. That can fluctuate from 3 p.m. to 7 or 8 p.m. Anything over 40 is OT. Anything over 51 is double time. That OT is just as good as a year end bonus. It adds up.

It probably helps if you really love your job and look forward to going everyday. I'm one of those extremely few people who also view their job as their hobby. My co-worker recently switched to nights, so now I get the whole building to myself.

• thom
    thom

I've done that in the past and it was ok. But I'm usually ready to get back to work after two days off, by the third day work is all I can think about anyway.
    Once (in 2002), I went in on Monday morning at 8:00 and we were working to finish building a machine to deliver on Thursday. We had some problems with some parts and had to remake them (it was a custom machine) and the three of us ended up working straight through from Monday morning to Thursday morning. Never went home, picked up food a few times, no sleep at all, but we got it done at 9:30 Thursday morning.
    Then two of us had to run home and shower and come back to pick up the machine and drive it to Indiana (just a 30 minute trip), install it and train the customer how to use it. When we finally left the customer around 2:00pm we were so wired that we got it done we had to go to a bar and have a few drinks to wind down.
    I slept really well Thursday night.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I had a 4/10 job for a long time.... the commute cost is reduced by 20%. I liked it. We started at 6:30 so you still had a decent afternoon to do chores.

The extra day off can be expensive. I got A WHOLE lot of work done around the homestead... projects are a lot easier to plan when you can get 2 or 3 days of work done each weekend.

~Hill

• William22
    William22

I work 10 hour days all the time, but I get 3 days off a week, so I don't mind at all. Fortunately, one of the 10 hour days is pretty easy too.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I've been working 5 days a week for 9 to 10 hours a day for almost 8 years, so yeah, a four ten week would be fantastic.

• JH
    JH

I rather 8 hour working days. After 4 or 5 8 or 9 hours, I become less productive.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I end up working a lot of ten hour days now.. but with only weekends off

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I would do it. I only work at my part-time job 4 days a week now. But it's usually 6 - 8 hours. Fridays and Saturdays are working on photography, so I really only get 1 day off a week.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Hell yeah but in my youth when we were busy I'd work 6 ten hour days.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

I presently work a 10.5 hour shift.I work 15 days in a month and I get 15 days off.Great schedule,I love it.Less days at work,less travelling and more time at home.

Goldminer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit