?Willing to work a 10 hour day........

by prophecor 19 Replies latest jw friends

• prophecor
    prophecor

To have an additional day off from work? 40 hours a week, 10 hours a day / 3 day weekend?

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

I've done that before, I loved it.

• defd
    defd

I worked 4 10s for yrs. At the same time work rotating shift. A week of days and a week of nights the every three weeks had 5 days off I loved it.

• Ellie
    Ellie

I've worked 12 hour shifts before now and once you get into it its ok.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'd do it.

3 day weekend as well as less time and cost commuting!

W

• Scully
    Scully

Some of my nurse colleagues work 12-hour shifts; 3 one week, with 4 days off; 4 the next week with 3 days off. Another rotation that is very popular for the 12-hour shift crowd is: 2 days, 2 nights, 5 days off.

If anyone is interested in information about shift work and scheduling and the challenges that go with it, this site is an excellent resource: www.circadian.com

I work in a part time position (24 hours/week) and often work my 4 shifts in such a way that I usually get a 6 or 7 day stretch off duty. If I pick up an extra shift on a weekend (Friday nights usually) I can earn some nice OT.

My college education has been very good to me.

• defd
    defd

scully you are a nurse? My wife just graduated from LPN school. 1yr course. It was very difficult on us all. It was a very intense course.

• Scully
    Scully

yes defd, I'm a RN... congrats to your wife!! If she ever wants to transition to RN, it's so worth it! I'm going to send you a PM.

• luna2
    luna2

I do that now. I don't get a 3-day weekend...Saturdays, Sundays and Tuesdays off. It's an office job, though. Not sure if I could do something that was terribly physical for 10 hours a day.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I've done 12 hour shifts all nights and loved it. Once my body was used to the routine it was great and would do it again

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit