Info wanted

by Lady Lee 25 Replies latest jw friends

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

one red flag that i noticed was no matter how much i did, it wasnt enough. one circuit assembly a talk was said to " offer real hope" for those of us who are struggling with poverty and dealing with life and was supposed to offer real practicle help and i really looked forward to that talk..it might HELP us!

the talk told us to DO MORE, go out in service MORE , do MORE personal study, do MORE service , do MORE praying....and then had a demonstration.... " honey, i'd really love a boat" " oh no honey i want to get a satelite dish!"............."do we REALLY need those things? can our money be better used to further jehovahs service?"

i was struggling to feed,clothe and educate 3 kids(at the time) get them and my self and husband ready for all the meetings, service, personal study, taking care of elderly relatives, work 12 hours a day etc.. a boat or satelite dish was just rediculous to me and to tell me to DO MORE infuriated me and i got so mad at that talk i got up and walked out of the auditorium and stayed out till the end of the days session.

i still went to the meetings after that, because i still internalized to myself that maybe i should/could do more, any infraction against perfection that i did, (like take a 15 min nap or watch a tv show) would make me feel so guilty i 'd cry..i wasnt being blessed by jehovah because i wasnt DOING ENOUGH...gawd i was tired.

soon after , my husband cheated, my son got very ill, the new "light" on the generation came out, the dh got me pregnant so i wouldnt leave him and my whole world imploded. thats when i quit. i still went to memorial for a few years , but the meetings no.. the elders never called, no one missed me, i'd been knocking myself out for my whole life for..............................what?

(not that life is any better now but at least i'm not running on exhaustion.)

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

My biggest excuse was "It's not the organization, it's the people in it"

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I stayed in for family. Plus I was really worried about loosing my circle of friends. Being a pioneer bethelite I never had any idea of how to relate or what to talk to 'worldly' people about.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

any others?

• blondie
    blondie
    My biggest excuse was "It's not the organization, it's the people in it"

That was a big one for me until after 40 years, 15 congregations, and 4 countries, I realized it was the organization. Blondie

• TheListener
    TheListener

I stay to keep peace in the home. I will eventually break completely free for the same reason.

• xjwms
    xjwms

I stayed to keep peace with my active wife.

The last four years that I have'nt attended was for me.

Starting to pay the price now. We are not the same couple anymore.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Well... I just quit going - way back in the early 80's... I just felt like I wasn't 'good enough' for that organization. I felt like I was a possible bad influence on that organization, even though I never did or said anything negative. So, I just 'took myself out' - so to speak, and quit going.

I never told anyone why I quit... not even my wifey-poo. I let her take the daughter to those meetings, etc. - as I felt it was still the right thing to do.

It wasn't until almost 20 years later - that I googled 'Jehovah's witness' - that I got on an ex-JW site (Tim Campbell's) and started reading... and realized that I wasn't 'alone'... that there were 'others' out there that went through similar things.

Regards,

Jim TX

• kls
    kls

My reasons are the same as many . I knew it was all BS and hated the thought of going to meetings and the plastic people that were there with their fake smiles,but i keep a front knowing if i did n't my marriage would be over . Finally i could not take anymore and told my husband i wanted out ,and as i feared life was hell because now i was possesed by demons and had elders coming to my door and calling , but the worst was the hate my husband had for me . I could feel and see how he felt and ,but i had small children and no money or job and yes ,me never having family i was emotionally crippled and wanted to jusy be and have a family.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

"Jehovah will take care of it in His due time." I told myself that for years and finally realized that I was indeed getting the answer to my prayers -- I was asking what the right thing to do was, and the answer I got was "get the hell out of there!" Or substance.

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit