Not everyone left the JW Org for the same reason...Why did you leave?

by JH 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Mum
    Mum

I left in 1979, probably before most of you were born.

I left for mental health reasons. I could not tolerate my existence and lack of hope. 1975 had come and gone. I was still young enough to get an education and build a life. I realized that I was not a better person for being a JW, but, in fact, was less kind and loving than I had been before I was a JW.

I left my elder husband a note and left. It was tough, really tough, in those pre-internet days. But it's the best move I ever made. I do have a life. I have a college degree. I'm even beginning to have money. I can look forward to a good retirement.

If you are afraid to leave, I recommend that you read Your Erroneous Zones by Dr. Wayne Dyer to get yourself started thinking in a more healthy way. It worked for me.

Best regards,

SandraC

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

I left because I'm gay and couldn't pretend not to be any longer. A couple of years after I left I read In Search of Christian Freedom. I've said more than once that I'm glad I'm gay or I might still be a dub. Makes me sick to think about it.

• leslierichards
    leslierichards

i havent really left, i just got caught up in a not so wholesome lifestyle. cant seve two master! i hope to go bback one day soon. i keep hearing about person feeling controlled and never having real friends. how comes i have never felt that way

• daystar
    daystar
    If you are afraid to leave, I recommend that you read Your Erroneous Zones by Dr. Wayne Dyer to get yourself started thinking in a more healthy way. It worked for me.

Dr. Dyer is pretty amazing. I try to watch any of his programs when they show them on the local PBS station.

• Mum
    Mum

I'm glad you're familiar with Dr. Dyer, daystar. I agree: he's great!

leslierichards: Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on not feeling controlled. Some people can function as JW's, but I don't believe there are many. If you feel free to achieve what you want to do in life and don't feel constrained and inadequate, you are in the top .000001% of JW's and on the right path. My hat's off to you; I don't know how you do it.

Best Regards,

SandraC

• xjwms
    xjwms

Many said "A Lack of brotherly love"

I say: So much for keeping and accounting, ... and the files THEY (the elders) keep on members. Once they get any

indiscretions, from anyone, it is recorded and kept on file, and thrown in to your face 20 years and more over and over.

Show me in the Bible were it says to keep records, .. not only in house, .. BUT sent to New York as well.

Is HATE too strong of a word to use here?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit