The spider in the bathtub

by DannyHaszard 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Speech on religion not off limits
    Contra Costa Times, CA - 1 hour ago
    ... Jehovah's Witnesses would stop coming to my front door as any attempt to convert me represents an implicit criticism of my current faith. ...

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Parting Glances: A heckuva lota trees
    pride source.com, MI - 18 minutes ago
    ... Answer: The Watch Tower, a Jehovah Witness tabloid: 26.5 million copies monthly, in every language but Igpay-Atinlay. Oink! Oink! ...

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Campus Fourum
    Kansas State Collegian, KS - 1 hour ago
    ... I just saw the dang Jehovah's witnesses trying to convert some poor girl on the way to class. Why are they so pushy? Leave her alone. ...

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Again,this threads theme is on the general public's perception of the Watchtower cult. watchtower.jpg Return to Sender: All Along the Watchtower Phillyist - posted 1 day ago To the Jehovah’s Witnesses who like to wake me up on those rare ... To the Jehovah’s Witnesses who like to wake me up on those rare occasions on which I get to sleep in: First of all, you are traveling around University City. Near Penn’s campus. As any Philadelphian knows, there are a lot of Jews at Penn . Being one of them myself, I know that Jews don’t usually appreciate proselytes. Also, that we don’t much like the pronunciation of the word Jehovah.” Maybe you should just wait, like the Mormons do, and get us after we die . Secondly, I know that in the real world, eleven a.m. isn’t too early to expect someone to be awake, but if a person opens the door at eleven a.m., bleary-eyed and bathrobe-bedecked, it’s safe to assume that that person was in bed. Maybe some people are agreeable to everything when they’ve just woken up. I am personally not one of them. You said yourselves, I looked tired. So why did you shove a tract in my face and try to talk to me about conversion? You could have said “sorry to bother you,” and gone on to wake my neighbor. I really didn’t want to slam the door in your face, but it seemed like the only way you’d get the message. (And yes, I was showing very, very poor manners in doing it.) And here’s the kicker. You only believe that 144,000 people will gain entrance to heaven. There are around six billion people alive in the world today – and your religion has been around since the late nineteenth century, so we’ve got to count the current six billion plus everyone who died between 1869 and 2006. By our estimates, that’s more than 144,000 people. It’s kind of like when Vanity Fair throws a party with a too-exclusive guest list . You might accidentally blacklist Paris Hilton from heaven. If it were me, I’d keep things much more on the down-low. Becoming a Jehovah’s Witness should be a lot more like trying to find a woman’s G-spot. You have to be patient, try a few different approaches, go slow. You can only get that far if you’re invited and pass a series of tests (ranging from financial background to skill at bra removal). If you’re worthy, or lucky, you figure out what works, and you get to be one of the 144,000. Embracing the faith, like finding the G-spot, should be a lot more work: you won’t find most women going door-to-door inviting people to embrace their vaginas, so why should you go door-to-door asking people to embrace your religion? Of course, come to think of it, maybe selling your religion that way would make it more attractive to potential new recruits. Hey, whatever works. Image via Think About Eternity . It's amazing the kind of websites you can find by performing a simple Google Image search! Posted by Jillian Ashley Blair Ivey in Religion

• LDH
    LDH

In my opinion, the biggest damage to public perception is that JWs allow their childrn to die to satisfy their blood thirsty god.

Thankfully, it prevents millions from being converted.

'Nuff Said.

• DannyHaszard
  • DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Lower Your Mortgage Rates and Be Saved When Jehovah Cleanse the ...

34 minutes ago by Leslie Waghorn
    "Well, what will happen to the earth and yourself when Jehovah cleanses the earth
    of the wicked and the good are allowed to live on the paradise earth that you're
    trying to create now. Do you want to be among the saved or among the ... Sewn Oats - http://sewnoats.blogspot.com
  • DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Citizens must not be force-fed health advice
    Scotland on Sunday, UK - 9 hours ago
    MILLIONS now living will never die!" That Jehovah's Witnesses slogan of 80 years ago sounds suspiciously like the motto of the Scottish Executive, as it adopts ...
    Scotsman, United Kingdom - 9 hours ago
    MILLIONS now living will never die!" That Jehovah's Witnesses slogan of 80 years ago sounds suspiciously like the motto of the Scottish Executive, as it adopts ...

MILLIONS now living will never die!" That Jehovah's Witnesses slogan of 80 years ago sounds suspiciously like the motto of the Scottish Executive, as it adopts all the methods at its disposal to force us to embrace a healthy lifestyle.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    'We need to forgive'

ELGIN – Earstin Whitten recalled Sunday how his daughter, who had impaired vision, could identify him by just by hearing his footsteps when he arrived home, sparking laugher and a smile. "She would hear my feet and know it was me," he said. Earstin Whitten recalled this and other fond memories of his daughter, Nyakiambi, during her memorial service Sunday, attended by more than 300 people, at The Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in Elgin. Betty Whitten, faces murder charges in the stabbing death. Police say she could have been reacting to the pressures of caring for a disabled person. Nyakiambi had cerebral palsy and was developmentally disabled. But those disabilities did not hinder Nyakiambi's smile or her love of the church, Earstin Whitten and church elder Tom Parr told the standing room-only crowd. "Yes, she is special, and she taught us a lot," Earstin Whitten said. "She had love in her heart that was larger than you can imagine." He also spoke of his wife, and his need to forgive. "Some may wonder how I feel about my wife," he said before reading passages speaking of forgiveness from the Bible. "You should forgive so much that you lose count of how many times," he said. "We need to forgive and go on." Many in the crowd shed tears as Earstin Whitten read from the Bible and told of a story from Nyakiambi's childhood that included his wife, who now sits in Kane County Jail. "The outcome I do not know, but my goal is to make sure [Betty] gets the help she needs," he said, his voice breaking. "And that is good advice for all of us." Earstin Whitten, who is a devout Jehovah's witness, said he looks forward to meeting his daughter again some day. In his religion, reincarnation is a common theme. He said if Nyakiambi asks how she died, he will tell her "that's really not important. What is important is that you are back." Whitten also quipped he hoped to learn how to make mashed potatoes and peas to his daughter's liking. "No matter how well I cooked, I could not get her liking mashed potatoes and peas," he said. After the service, visitors consoled Earstin Whitten and other family members. A lined formed to view a poster with photographs of Nyakiambi at all ages, displayed at the front of the church. Throughout his speech, Whitten spoke of his need to move on, despite the pain. "We cannot change the past and it is very painful, but we must go on," he said. "We must learn from it and grow stronger." By KATE THAYER
    [email protected] --------- Here we have a media 'puff' piece that presents Jehovah's Witnesses as (1) a benevolent forgiving creed,when they are really ruthless and belligerent with their own dissidents. (2) They believe in 'quickie' "reincarnation" and that their loved ones will return and be back soon any day.The fallout from this will be when the millions of Jehovah's Witnesses who haven't fully and properly mourn their dead loved ones will horrified to accept that loved ones are gone for good and the Watchtower "resurrection any minute fantasy" was all a LIE!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Playing Whack-a-Mole with Jesus
    Blogcritics.org, OH - 4 hours ago
    ... If you've ever found the Jehovah's Witnesses on your front stoop, you know that once the god-floggers get their foot in the door and their hands in your ... ....If you've ever found the Jehovah's Witnesses on your front stoop, you know that once the god-floggers get their foot in the door and their hands in your pocketbook, there's no way to get rid of them....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit