The spider in the bathtub

by DannyHaszard 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Exquisite Corpses
    New City Chicago, IL - 18 minutes ago
    ... Raised a Jehovah's Witness, Espinosa is familiar with the delicate line between enthrallment and delusion that his piece embodies, two bucks caught in the ... Raised a Jehovah's Witness, Espinosa is familiar with the delicate line between enthrallment and delusion that his piece embodies, two bucks caught in the battle of their lives, seemingly led to that point by the act of being mesmerized by art.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Nov. 14, 2005- Life for Hamlins anything but ordinary Open this result in new window Mountain Democrat - 30 minutes ago Movies, help from a hairdresser, trips to Raley's supermarket, a visit from a friend in the Midwest, a barbecue and a drive to church - the events covered in the first weeks of a Placerville trial could be the standard stuff of life in the Sierra foothills.
    Richard Hamlin accidentally shot himself in the leg Feb. 10 while handling a weapon after he suspected Jehovah's Witnesses who came to his home were part of a satanic cult he said sought to kill him, according to courtroom testimony. The 45-year-old attorney has pleaded not guilty to domestic violence related charges, including torture. ----------- Watchtower Whistleblower: Danny Haszard Bangor Maine Jehovah's Witnesses are the'perfect storm' of deception-in a word they are the cult of Innuendo

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Man Accused Of Killing Sister Over TV Volume
    New York Sun, NY - 1 hour ago
    ... shoveling. "He was a nice neighbor," she said. His sister was a Jehovah's Witness who "wasn't friendly at all," Ms. Folk said. The ... A man allegedly killed his sister because she had the volume on the television turned up too high. The fight began on the first floor of the siblings' home yesterday in Brownsville with Ozem Goldwire, 27, and Sherika Goldwire, 28, trading slaps and punches, police said. The Goldwires made their way up to the second floor of their otherwise empty house, where the man strangled his sister to death and then called 911 to report the crime, police said. The woman died from asphyxia by compression of the neck and occlusion of the mouth and nose, a spokeswoman for the medical examiner's office, Ellen Borakove, said. The medical examiner ruled the death a homicide. The Brooklyn district attorney's office said Mr. Goldwire faced charges of second-degree murder. Mr. Goldwire and his sister resided in a $263,300 two-family dwelling owned by their mother, Essie Goldwire. While police said the siblings had no criminal histories, neighbors did not express shock after Mr. Goldwire's arrest Tuesday. Lisa Folk, 37, who lives in a building abutting the Goldwires' home, described the siblings as "eccentric." She said Mr. Goldwire was an amiable man who said hello and tended to her snow shoveling. "He was a nice neighbor," she said. His sister was a Jehovah's Witness who "wasn't friendly at all," Ms. Folk said. The relationship between the Folks and Sherika Goldwire turned sour when the Folks rejected her attempts to convert them to her religion, Ms. Folk said. A neighbor in the house on the other side of and adjacent to the Goldwires' building, Antonia Norbert, 37, said she knew Mr. Goldwire from the block but that she could not recall his sister. He was so consistent with his greetings that Ms. Norbert said her 5-year-old daughter, Turneka, gave Mr. Goldwire a nickname: "The man who always says, 'Hi [email protected]

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Texas newspaper 2006 sez this is JW beliefs the popular perception Jehovah's Witnesses' notable beliefs Jehovah's Witnesses' notable beliefs January 28, 2006 Jehovah's Witnesses believe their faith's authorities teach the only true interpretations of the Bible, including these tenets:

• Orthodox Christianity wrongly believes in the Trinity, one God in three persons.
  • Jesus isn't God and the Holy Spirit is God's impersonal power.
  • Before his earthly birth, Jesus was the Archangel Michael.
  • The last days began in 1914 and the War of Armageddon will occur while people conscious of 1914 events remain alive.
  • After the current world system ends, true believers will enjoy paradise on earth while 144,000 of the anointed rule with Jesus in heaven. Others will be annihilated, not punished eternally.
  • God's proper name is Jehovah.
  • "Pagan" observances such as Christmas, birthdays and national holidays shouldn't be celebrated.
  • Since Satan rules this world, true believers must not vote, hold public office, serve in the military or salute national flags.
  • Jesus died on a single "torture stake," not a cross.
  • Believers should consider "theocratic" careers without worldly higher education.
  • MORE from same Texas paper Attorney: Jehovah's Witnesses, doctors ill-informed about blood policy
  • DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

THAILAND: FRIENDLY, FUN, AND BECOMING LESS FREE (PART 1)
    Free Market News Network, FL - 1 hour ago
    ... university and marveled as one vociferous student defended Bush in the same way that she would have presumably defended the Lord Jesus to a Jehovah’s Witness ...

speaks for itself without further commentary

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Sparsely, Sage and Timely
    Point Reyes Light - Inverness,CA,USA
    Idyllic West Marin in the past 30 years has unfortunately had far too much to do with three cults. Their members killed a total ...

Sparsely, Sage and Timely By David V. Mitchell
    Some fatherly advice about cults Idyllic West Marin in the past 30 years has unfortunately had far too much to do with three cults. Their members killed a total of 14 people and attempted to kill two others. I’m, of course, talking about the "Church" of Synanon and two Manson Family-style cults – Glenn Helzer’s and Marcus Wesson’s. In 2000, the Helzer cult killed five people, including two in Woodacre and a third who was from Woodacre. In March 2004, nine members of the Wesson cult died in Fresno in a Jonestown-style murder-suicide. The cult had spent half its time on a tugboat in Marshall, where two victims had worked. The much-larger Synanon cult, which then was based in Marshall, did not kill anyone, but not for lack of trying. In September 1978 in Berkeley, followers of Synanon leader Charles Dederich used ax handles to beat an ex-member into a coma. In October, Synanon members planted a 4.5-foot rattlesnake in the mailbox of an attorney who’d won a suit against the cult; the snake bit him, but he survived. All this may create the misimpression that cults can be recognized by their violent ways. Most can’t. Indeed, non-violent cults were what came to mind when my eldest stepdaughter, Anika, moved from Guatemala to a Midwestern city, where she is working for a few months before college. Knowing that cults like to target people in her situation, I sent a fatherly warning, and Anika wrote back, "I had no idea that could happen. I really appreciate your taking time to warn me." She then agreed to my reprinting the warning. ‘Dear Anika, please allow me, as your stepfather, to offer a bit of advice: people in the situation you are in are the typical targets of cults. I bring this up because I’ve spent so much time doing research on and writing about cults. "Contrary to the popular misconception, people who join cults are not usually looking for someone to bring order to their lives. Rather, they are people whose lives are in transition, and you are right now in the middle of some of life’s biggest transitions. You are in a new city and cut off from your old friends, your classmates, the people you knew at church. You’re about to be in a new job just after having been a student. You’re in the process of finding a new group of people to be your friends. "Cults typically portray themselves as merely spiritual or social groups, but you soon find that taking part in such a group’s activities requires a significant commitment of time. Without intending to, you gradually take on the group’s point of view, and once that happens, they’ve got you. "You become not only a member; you do unpaid work for the group; you help recruit new members for the group; you help raise money for the group; you have few friends outside the group; your own needs become secondary; and it becomes difficult to act independently of the group. "So please be a bit wary of any organized group that shows an unusually friendly interest in you, your background, your activities. If you are not careful, it’s easy to be seduced by the lure of friendship, especially when it comes from a seemingly respectable group. ‘Some colleges for a while told new students how to recognize cults and explained how cults recruit members from among people new to their city. Since you haven’t taken an orientation session, I’ve taken it upon myself to tell you what you’d hear if you took one."
  • misspeaches
    misspeaches

Excellent post Danny

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

"National experts estimate between 100,000 and 250,000 murderers, rapists, con-artists and Jehovah Witnesses stalk the country at any given time. "Parents are urged to monitor and question their children's activities in real life. The world is a dangerous place." The internet is not the only way a pedophile can lure your child to a local McDonald's," Sgt. Dick Harris of Atlanta, GA said in a press release this morning.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Telling it straight
    San Antonio Current, TX - 8 minutes ago
    ... let me remind them that I have been approached several times in a city park by someone trying to convert me: not a lesbian, but a Jehovah’s Witness pawning ... For those who still contend that gays and lesbians are a threat to families and civilization — that they are pushing a “homosexual agenda” — let me remind them that I have been approached several times in a city park by someone trying to convert me: not a lesbian, but a Jehovah’s Witness pawning off The Watchtower.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    ‘Some colleges for a while told new students how to recognize cults and explained how cults recruit members from among people new to their city. Since you haven’t taken an orientation session, I’ve taken it upon myself to tell you what you’d hear if you took one."

I'm sure this was in response to the fact that the JW's were making concerted efforts to set up literature booths at the local colleges.........the KH I belonged to did that. Great info. Danny!!!

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit