HOW MANY JW'S ARE REALLY "KEEPIN IT REAL?"

by stillAwitness 10 Replies latest jw friends

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

I know a girl in my hall who completely fabricates her "personal comments" during the WT study to make herself look better. She concocts these expierences about her witnessing to class mates and teachers and even adds in a little joke or two for a ha ha effect from the audience. I always see her after the meeting and she always got that grin like 'yeah, i made it sound good didn't I?' I could care less really. But I wonder how much lying goes on like this?Sometimes I listen to the young brothers during the conventions who have parts about their challenges in school and the opposite sex. I'm like come on. I don't care how "spiritual" you are. You're a 17 year old horny little teenage boy and you can stand at the platform and insist that you've "deaden your body parts?" That the young "wordly" girls in your school who've made advances to you, you've avoided? Let's be 4 real! I know me myself, I definetly have lied about my actual field service time countless times. (10 hours may 'accidently'be rounded off to 20 hours and those 3 magazine I placed may really turn into 13) Has anyone done little things here and there to make themselves look better amongst the congregation? And what about those expierences in the Wt articles and during talks? I wonder how much "editing" goes on.

• Legolas
    Legolas

I would say that not many are keeping it real!

Preparing for meetings, going to meetings, actual time in service, how they really feel about others etc....!

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

Nah. If I was going to do it, I was going to do it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not comming from a holier than thou place. I just saw it as, Jehovah sees it all anyway. Why lie? All of my experirences were real. If I was doing something wrong, I told on myself and removed my privleges on my own. I spent my time at school by myself or reading or with teachers (loser). But I was proud of that. I came dressed in suits my senior year nearly everyday so that I could go out in service after school. I felt that being made fun of made me a martyr of sorts. It was my badge.

Comments ~ I was talking to someone about this just yesterday. I would study for hours for the Watchtower study to make a comment based on the most obscure, buried piece of information. I wanted to expand the minds of the other publishers. It rarely happened. But when it did, I felt like I belonged. I felt this was how I proved to Jehovah that I was faithful.

(Just threw up in my mouth a little bit)

• defd
    defd

I know a ;girl in my hall ;who completely fabricates her "personal comments" during the WT study to make herself look better. She concocts these expierences about her witnessing to class mates and teachers and even adds in a little joke or two for a ha ha effect from the audience. I always see her after the meeting and she always got that grin like 'yeah, i made it sound good didn't I?' I could care less really.

I know you said you could care less but it must irritate you a little? Why dont you confront, no, approach her and talk to her about it.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

hm I only have my parents to go by right now...and to answer your question no they are not keeping it real. For years ever since California started the lottery my mother, faithful jw that she is, has played it. Not only on Saturday but Wednesday too. Have I ever pointed out to her what she is doing wrong, that playing the lottery is actually gambling? No, I figure she's an adult and knows right from wrong as far as being a jw is concerned and somehow she has justified playing the lottery in her mind. Reminds me of some other people I know.

• mustang
    mustang
    Comments ~ I was talking to someone about this just yesterday. I would study for hours for the Watchtower study to make a comment based on the most obscure, buried piece of information. I wanted to expand the minds of the other publishers. It rarely happened. But when it did, I felt like I belonged. I felt this was how I proved to Jehovah that I was faithful.

Love it!!!! Good work!!! Dredge up that old, ?-able, borderline but not quite "old light" stuff

Don't just "give them something to talk about", make them think, get a squabble going!!! See to it that they have to phone Brooklyn!!!

Yer my kinda Dub, CHLuke!!!!

Mustang

• pratt1
    pratt1

For the most part I kept it pretty real.

I believed most of the crap.

I did however sometimes only study part of the watchtower so that I could make at least one comment.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

DeF'd: It really does not irritate me at all... maybe a little that she feels like she needs to go through so much effort...actually what really irritates me is that I will find so many witnesses who cross the line: they party, drink, date but let someone start saying something against the WT and they flip out and wanna call u an "apostate" insisting that you are taking it too far.That makes me mad.

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Just before I left, a friend of mine had told me how a few of the pioneers in her congregation fudge their hours. I must admit I was a bit surprised by this. And thoroughly disgusted! I was a jw "goody-goody." While I believed it, I did my best to follow the rules...all 12 million of them. ;)
    tp

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

I was the master of bullshit when it came to comments, I never ever prepared for meeting and just made the comments up from thin air. I'm pretty sure that at least a good 75% of dubbies just fake everything...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit