I am not alone!!!!!

by Krisiva10 35 Replies latest jw friends

• horrible life
    horrible life

Welcome!!!!!!! We all have a story, with the same theme. We are all glad to be out. Tell us yours when you can. HL

• Krisiva10
    Krisiva10

Well, (takes a deep breath). I never "made the truth my own" haha. Even though I got baptized I just wasn't that into it. My step dad wasn't a witness, which I am greatful for now. Had he been swallowed into the studies they made him attend I might not be here now with a working brain!!! Anywhoo, I had a JW friend who I did horrible things with, drugs..drinking..sneaking around, all sorts of things. I noticed I never got into as much trouble with my worldy buddies as I did with my JW buddies. Odd isn't it..When Sept. 11th happened she freaked out and started feeling guilty about everything. So, she went to the elders and confessed and along with her confession threw my name in there as well!! I could have ripped her head off. Apparently she took it upon herself to tell my mother about all of the horrible things we had done, including that I was not a virgin. ;) So, I was given the choice to tell my elders about everything or her elders in her cong. would tell mine. Which we all know would have looked much worse on my part. I had to tell them everything which was extremely humiliating and embarassing. Through that time I started to read the Fountainhead by Ayn Rand. Something I had in my possesion for a while but had no reason to read. When I finished the book I realized that something was TERRIBLY wrong with the whole system and decided to use the meetings my mother was now forcing me to attend as an education against the thing itself. I took notes on everything I felt contradicted itself and that made no sense and would review them later. They kept "sheperding calling" me to see how I was doing and to question me on how strong my faith was. One day I had finally gotten all of my words and facts straight and I let them have it. It was great!!! hahaha I told them they wouldn't be seeing me at the meetings anymore and to please leave me alone. The clouds had been lifted from my eyes and head and all of a sudden my mind felt more clear and intelligent than never before. That was about 3-4 years ago? As much as I hated my friend, I couldn't thank her enough now. I don't know why its taken me so long to find more buddies like myself but, thank you for being so welcoming. : )

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

Its the JW's that are the worst offenders. Especially elders daughters. MMMMM elders daughters P.S. Welcome. We now return you to your regularly scheduled rants

• Legolas
    Legolas

((((Welcome to the board))))

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

WELCOME TO THE BOARD.

• weinermcgee
    weinermcgee

Hi welcome I just joined this place last week and I am happily getting addicted to posting here, its like mental therapy I didn't even know I needed! Isn't it great using your own brain and forming your own opinions? Ah the worldly life is great!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

((( Krisiva )))) A giant WELCOME!

• ballistic
    ballistic

Krisiva10 , well at least you were not completely taken in by the "troof", there's many people here who were elders, ministerial/s, pioneers etc. At least you did not have to get over feelings that you'd wasted "your youth".

• Soledad
    Soledad

Welcome! I think your friend did you a great big favor! You owe her one now!

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Welcome. I hope you get what your looking for here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit