Were there any unofficial predictions in your congregations?

by badboy 17 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

I understand that Carey Barber? once told someone that the end of the world would came before the Awaji bridge was built.

Were there any similiar predictions?

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

There's this crazy sister spreading rumors that Armageddon is coming next year. Several agree with her.

DY

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

My brother in law's (super elder) brother sold everything and went and lived on a mountain top for a while as the end was immenent. I believe he is now resting comfortably in the psyche ward (no joke).

• EscapedLifer1
    EscapedLifer1

One of the elders in my old Hall was sure he had it figured out, and he wasn't shy about telling others. He had some time calculation that proved (in his own mind) that the end was going to come in the fall of 1984.

Oops!

He's still an elder, as far as I know, and still an @$$hole.

Brandon

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

They told my dad that Prince Charles wouldn't grow up before the Time of The End came.

They're right, he still hasn't grown up!

• heathen
    heathen

I thought all religions were talking 1999 new years eve not just the j-dubs .

• alreadygone
    alreadygone

Yeah, we used to take bets on how long the newly wed teens couples marriage would last.

• Spectre
    Spectre

1984? My crazy elder step-dad said the same thing, I think it had something to do with Eve being created and some other random thing like the society changing their font or something.

• zagor
    zagor

Oh these are great...

How about this one... I remember 15 or so years ago an elderly JW told me a story he heard from his father about a visiting elder giving a sunday talk somewhere around the end of First World War. At the end of the speech he said "This is in all likelihood the last speach you will EVER hear before the end comes" After the meeting presiding overseer (or however they were called back then) thanked him for his great speech and asked him if he would do another next sunday.

• Soledad
    Soledad

There was this one elder who was absolutely certain that the end would arrive in 2002.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit