Does it bother you to realize that life is normal for those left behind?

by free2beme 27 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    Does it bother you to realize that life is normal for those left behind?

It is nice to be missed. If I was to leave my job or move away, I'd like to think that I would be missed and it might create a hiccup in someone's life for a bit, but when it comes to the JW lifestyle I do not have that thought. I'm glad to be out and forgotten. I don't want to be identified as ever having anything to do with that nutjob religion.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Farts in the wind... so are the days of our lives.

• blondie
    blondie
    The reality of life is that no-one is irreplacable

Ain't that the truth.

I think of putting your finger in the water and taking it out. While your finger is in the water, it displaces some, but take it out and everything flows back the way it was.

But I (my finger) am no longer in the WTS (water) which is good.

Blondie

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    The reality of life is that no-one is irreplacable

A manager once told me that if he see's that his company has become too dependant on one employee, he fires that employee.

Relying too much on one person can get you in trouble.

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

Well, I wouldn't call it normal. Business as usual, but not normal.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I wouldn't really call their lives "normal" But it does bother me that life just seems to go on without me. ( or anyone else that is banished for that matter.)

I've been especially sure to brag about how well I'm doing to the JW's that ask.

I am still trying to figure out why they all seem to be talking to me lately. Have they forgotten that I am D'fd?

Dams

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    You will soon realize that life is normal for those left behind and very little was cause by your exit, within a short time, you will be a faded memory or forgotten for your efforts all together.

I learnt that lesson early on at 16, when I got Df'ed and watched house to housers cross the street when I left my place of residence, they were my best friends. They just looked cold and hard to me. Now if I leave a job - last one I left I had been there 7 years - I didn't tell anyone I was working 2 months notice whilst I worked it and I just slapped my desk and left and never went back. I don't like goodbyes. I'll get in touch with people I consider friends. I'll go to other people's leaving do's but never allow one for myself.

• riotgirlpeeps
    riotgirlpeeps

No it doesn't bother me.

Though I know with my mom who is a jw still she can't come to terms with the fact that my sister who left about 7 years ago is actually happy. They like to think that there is no life outside of being a witness.

-Riot

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

Learning how wrong I was when I was a JW made me very humble very quickly. I don't even think about whether I'm missed or not. (Though my Mom makes a point of letting me know when someone at the Hall asks after me.)

My heart really aches for those in the Org for whom life goes on as "normal". They haven't got a clue.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Years have passed now since I left and it amazes me sometimes to realize how much I was erased. To the point that when my sister-in-law mentioned me in a conversation with Witnesses in her congregation, no one knew who I was and asked if we were ever Witnesses?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit