Do you blame BUSH?

by free2beme 28 Replies latest jw friends

• horrible life
    horrible life

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/99081/1.ashx

No I don't blame Bush. I'm sure Brown could have done some things better, but the State of Louisana has to take most of the blame. HL

" My biggest mistake was not recognizing by Saturday that Louisiana was dysfunctional," two days before the storm hit, Brown told the panel.
  • Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

Bush knows what most of the world doesn't. Why not blame him?

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    " My biggest mistake was not recognizing by Saturday that Louisiana was dysfunctional," two days before the storm hit, Brown told the panel.

HL, that was especially wierd given that a FEMA analysis of this exact same scenario yielded a result indicating that should a cat 4 or 5 hit NO that Lousiana was not prepared to deal with it. Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• avishai
    avishai
    he could have done better. but that's not the point as i see it. if the american people were different, then bush would have not been elected in the first place, and therefore it doesn't make much sense to me to blame him for much.

The "american people" elected gore, by popular vote anyway. It was electoral votes that got Bush into office.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Avishai,

I have tried to start a grass roots effort to educate people that the electoral vote distribution is what prevents every vote from counting. This would have to change at the level of State Legislatures.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Where does God come into all of this? and I thought all along George W was appointed by God....

Will

• free2beme
    free2beme
    " My biggest mistake was not recognizing by Saturday that Louisiana was dysfunctional," two days before the storm hit, Brown told the panel."

My inlaws lived in Lake Charles LA in the 1970's for about 4 months, before coming back to the West. They said that Louisana is a state of very low education and poverty is huge! It does not suprise me that Lousiana would be considered dusfunctional, as they have been for years.

• free2beme
    free2beme
    The "american people" elected gore, by popular vote anyway. It was electoral votes that got Bush into office.

President Garfiend won against Hancock, and lost popular vote. So it has happened before. Although Garfield was killed early in his term. Anyway, electoral college will never go away, even though it was created for a far different time in history and should. It is just something we have to accept, as the smaller states actually like it.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I further hold Bush accountable for the actions of Michael Brown, because Bush appointed a man to that position who had no qualifications for the job and who was fired from his previous job due to inadequate management skills. Michael Brown did as well as could be expected, given his incredibly poor suitability to the post.

This is pretty much how I feel too.

Willie Nelson was asked who he blames and he said "God". That was a good answer, knowing he is not a Bush supporter.

I dislike George Bush as President, very much. Not everything bad that happens is his fault though.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

He's just a cog in the political machinery, like every other politician. Even Dictators only have so much control...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit