Well, I handled that amazingly well...

by Joel Wideman 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

As my wife predicted, my mother heard that she DA'd herself. She called, and spoke with my boy for awhile. (She needs her medication adjusted. She's hearing things over the phone again.) Then she wanted to talk to me.
    Get this - she's "worried" about the kids and wants to take them to a meeting.
    I must say demonstrated increbible self-control and merely said "No."
    "Why not?"
    Do I tell her I want them to grow up to be functional adults? Do I explain to her why Andrea DA'd? OF COURSE NOT! Forget the medication, she'd be in the mental ward again.
    Instead I calmly deliver the time-honored parental statement "Because they are my kids."
    So she asks if she can take them out to dinner. Alone. Aha! I was a JW long enough to recognize "theocratic warfare". But again, I simply say "No."
    "Why not?"
    BECAUSE YOU SUFFER FROM PSYCHOTIC DELUSIONS AND ARE A DANGER TO THEM BECAUSE OF IT, NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU ARE LYING TO ME!!!
    NOOOOOO!!! I can't say THAT!
    I say "We would love to have dinner with you as a family. Myself, Andrea, the kids, and you."
    And that pretty much ended it, at least for now.

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

Great job.... you couldn't have handeled that any better!!!

• carla
    carla

Youv'e got more self restraint than I would have! Good for you for protecting your kids! all the best, carla

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

It almost sounds like you're having fun with this one.

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

You got me, Goldminer. I get quite a rush from confrontation. I just wish I didn't have to hold back with her.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ever argue with a drunk on the bus? A waste of time on them and a hazard for you. The same with the mentally ill and... well, you know. People with their heads in the sand.

I find JWD a necessary and healthy outlet for my sanity. You can SCREAM HERE.

• Andrea Wideman
    Andrea Wideman

Believe me when I say my husband wasn't having fun with this one. What he is doing is trying to prevent her from having a psychotic episode
    I am dumbfounded that she thought we would fall for that take them out for dinner stuff, when I was a JW I didn't let her do it then. She is just too sick. So now we have to speak with her father about telling her to get her medication upped and also that she isn't respecting our decision. Something she certainly expected him to do when I switched from Catholic to JW.
    Well now we will have to screen all our calls to keep her from harassing us until her meds get fixed.

• knot4me
    knot4me

Amazing job Joel and Andrea!!! I'm so proud of you for truly loving your children and protecting them. I am so glad I got out before my children were born and they don't have to grow up in the sewage like I did.

• garybuss
    garybuss

And that pretty much ended it, at least for now.
    Good job! Very well done!

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

Well done!

Ever argue with a drunk on the bus?

HAHAHA! Thank you for making me laugh :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit