Post 958 of 1103
    since 30-Jun-03

39 y 3 m 9 d

Most were skinny with zits.
    LOL!!! Jehovahs Witness = JW = Jay "DUB" ya

Welcome Kristyann!!!

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

Your welcome! I did type it all but I enjoy doing it since I like the practice.

• Mary
    Mary

Yep, like Ravyin, I typed the WT study by hand as it's not out in CD yet..........wonder if I can count that as "time"?

• Jourles
    Jourles

These new articles are sure to put my parents on sub-conscious alert. Back in Feb. when I was df'd, the last conversations I had with them included my past schooling. Both of them denied the Society ever discouraged going to college. I could not reason with them - their minds were made up as far as what they thought the Society said. Included in my letter that I sent to friends and family were quotes from the literature stating exactly what the Society thought of secondary education. Even though I went for a couple of years, I dropped out. At the time, making a living was a wee bit more important than going to school.

I plan on going back to school hopefully this next semester. My employer pays 100% of tuition and books, up to 8k a year. I look at it as free money in a way. Kind of like a 401k plan where an employer matches your contributions. A lot of people take out loans to go back to school which is a shame -- it puts them into heavy debt over many years. Everyone should be given the opportunity to go at no cost if it is what they really want to do. And to be quite honest, I only want to go back to school because I would like to learn more about my job, not because I can show off a piece of paper. I really hope that I can put to good use in my job what I learn. I'm hoping it is not a waste of time.

• blondie
    blondie

In the 10-15-05 WT the 2 introductory articles demonize education. If I can stay awake this evening, I will try and post a few comments aimed at the "worldly" folk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit