I AM GETTING MORE BOLD! (BUT I LIKE IT)

by stillAwitness 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Gordy
    Gordy

That is such a good point rayvin about the concept the wittnesses use concerning independant thinking! When you are studying u can ask all the questions that u want. Do as much reasearch as you please, in encyclopedias etc. But once you take the dip in those cold ass pools. Boom. ITs over.
    After I left my non-JW 20 yr old son started to have a "bible" study with an Elder. He being the studious type said they he wanted to ask questions. The Elder told him to keep any questions to himself and they will be answered as he progresses in the study and becomes a JW. Secondly my son said he wanted to do research and check up on what was being taught, WT history etc. The Elder said that was totally unnecessary as the WT had done all the research so there was no need to loook at "outside" sources. My son said in that case he doesn't want a study because from what the elder said it means they got something to hide.

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

My first thought was the Elder was behaving this way because it was YOUR son. He may have thought your son wasn't truly interested but posing as such just to poke and prod.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit