saturday morning

by hallowedbethyname 18 Replies latest jw friends

• hallowedbethyname
    hallowedbethyname

Finally Free had it right. I still have much of my family still in, and to keep those ties, i sit through these meetings to keep them.

Dont get me wrong, there are some good good people in my congregation, really genuinely happy people. But sadly, I dont share many of their beliefs anymore.

Hope that answers your question Defd.

We all have our own reasons for the things we do. I wish I could just walk away, but its not that simple.

HBTN

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

"Is today a.. week... day?" -- The Dude, The Big Lebowski

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

My Saturday morning was productive. I got up early 7:50 am and went to a local equipment rental store. I rented a lawn aerator for about $57.00. Then I stopped at the petrol station and filled up the wife’s van with $50.08 worth of fuel. Had breakfast (home made banana, mango, apple, cinnamon muffins) with the family. Then I aerated my lawn, which is certainly not the easiest thing I’ve ever done. It doesn’t help that my lawn is fenced in. Thank goodness I don’t have to do that yearly. Then I just lounged around for until my wife and I put the kids down for their nap at one o’clock. After that I went for a motorcycle ride with my old man. Put on about 65 miles in three hours. But I digress.

I remember a few of my JW friends had Saturday morning book studies. I couldn’t imagine getting out of bed early for a book study. Saturday morning field service was a once or twice a month type deal for my family so I just knew that if I attended a Saturday morning book study that it would be followed by field service.

• Es
    Es

Wow i cant believe you have bookstudies on a Sat we never ever did that here in Australia, not that i knew of anyway, that would really suck what a waste of a weekend.

es

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Now a days, usually I have to work, I hate that!

When I don't and it it's not raining torrents, I go for a long bike ride. I love that about Sat. mornings, but lately my Sat. morning has been during the week day when I go for a longish bike ride.

I hardly ever went door to door when a J-dub anyway on Sat. morning. That day was reserved for getting all the stuff done you absolutely had to do like grocery shopping, slchuffing kids from here to there, homework assignments, laundry, cleaning the house cuz we had the meeting for field service in the AM, some recreation maybe a motorcycle ride, and getting ready for Sunday meeting. I always, always felt guilty for doing the things a family needed done on Sat. morning instead of going our in service......wrecked he whole weekend!

Damn religion!

• young hearts, be free..
    young hearts, be free..

Ahhhhhhhhhh.............Saturday morning, waking up with my beautiful girlfriend next to me after having gone out for a great dinner and drinks the night before.........still being in bed while the sun is pouring through the window; makes up for all those 7am rises to go door-knocking!!!!!!!!!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Darth Yhwh:

My Saturday morning was productive. I got up early 7:50 am and went to a local equipment rental store. I rented a lawn aerator for about $57.00. Then I stopped at the petrol station and filled up the wife’s van with $50.08 worth of fuel.

If you'd stayed in bed, you'd have saved over $100. That's a damn good reason for a lie-in

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

I gave the perfect little JW answer to 1919 last night at the book study. My wife smirked and elbowed me for being such a smart-ass.

-ithinkisee

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Funkyderek, well I would have saved on the equipment but I would have had to hit the gas station at some point in time throughout the day. LOL. So in all reality if I slept in I would have saved $57.00.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit