Annual Meeting

by XBEHERE 18 Replies latest jw friends

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Year text for 2006:

Acts 5:29 -In answer Peter and the [other] apostles said: “We must obey God as ruler rather than men".

He also said that the relief efforts in the gulf coast were well underway and the BROTHERS were all being cared for.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/99023/1.ashx

When I asked if they mentioned any help the WTS gave to other victims he said there wasnt a single mention of it....

• lawrence
    lawrence

Thanks for the post.

There was supposed to be a big announcement that many of us at JWD conjectured as to its importance. Anything? Or, was that an urban legend that was to be interpolated as ... there are so few of the business arrangement left, so we must be at the 'Marriage Feast of the Lamb'.

The Organization loves stats, then:

How many oxygen bottles were consumed by these wicked bastards?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Year text for 2006:

Acts 5:29 -In answer Peter and the [other] apostles said: “We must obey God as ruler rather than men".

Really poundin' the hell outta obedience these days, aren't they? Gosh, I wonder why...? Perhaps because so many of us have told them to take this slaveship and shove it?

Nah, it's prolly with the best interests of the flock in mind.

Dave

• blondie
    blondie

They are pound the hell out of obedience to the WTS because the rank and file are so disobedient behind closed doors. A passive-aggressive lot they are, appearing to please men outwardly not God (whom they supposedly believe sees what they do anyway).

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, you got it! JWs must learn to be hypocrites or else they're out. JWs lead a double life.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

The stupid thing is the yeartext means we obey god as ruler even above they themselves since they are men arent they? So they are basically saying that the R and F should obey the WTS above all else since god doesnt speak to individuals anymore but through his "organization" oh please!

• blondie
    blondie

Obedience to the WT Organization

w98 8/15 p. 19 Strengthening Our Confidence in God’s Righteousness ***

Let us be convinced that obeying Jehovah, following the direction given through his organization and accepting his decisions, is the right thing to do

w97 11/15 p. 18 Faith Moves Us to Action! ***

Wisdom from above is "ready to obey," promoting obedience to divine teaching and cooperation with Jehovah’s organization.

w92 5/1 p. 28 Jehovah Cared for Us Under Ban—Part 2 ***

How important it was that we had obediently followed organization instructions closely!—Isaiah 48:17.

w91 9/15 p. 17 "Help Me Out Where I Need Faith!" ***

During the great tribulation, it will be just as imperative that we follow the leadings of the holy spirit and obey Jehovah’s instructions through his organization.

*** w88 4/1 p. 31 Is Obedience Always Proper? ***

When our heavenly Father, Jehovah God, speaks, whether through his Word, the Bible, or through his earthly organization, it is all the more important for us to listen and obey, thus proving that we are obedient worshipers who do not ignore the loving reminder: "Did you hear me?"

*** w66 3/1 p. 148 The Additional Obligations of the Overseer ***

Show respect for God’s visible organization, be cooperative and be quick to obey theocratic instructions and be willing to accept counsel.

*** w61 5/1 p. 282 The Decalogue’s Principles Ever Valid ***

If we obey this commandment we certainly will not worship any rival gods but give Jehovah exclusive devotion, we will not take up his name in any worthless way, we will enjoy the rest of faith and obedience by putting him first in our lives and we will honor and obey him and his heavenly organization as well as their earthly representatives.—Mark 12:30.

*** w61 9/1 p. 539 Staying Awake as Approved Slaves ***

And lastly, we can stay awake by being respectful and obedient to the organization, the Watch Tower Society and its appointed servants.

*** w59 5/1 p. 269 Attain Completeness in the New World Society ***

To hold to the headship of Christ, it is therefore necessary to obey the organization that he is personally directing. Doing what the organization says is to do what he says. Resisting the organization is to resist him. Furthermore, the order of things requires that the men take the lead in being obedient to Christ’s instructions through God’s Word and his organization.

*** w57 8/1 p. 457 Pursuing My Purpose in Life ***

These experiences united us more firmly and taught us to obey organization instructions more thoroughly.

*** w56 3/15 p. 178 Is This Treasure for You? ***

This obedience and willingness to serve are what Jehovah God expects of those who accept the treasure of full-time service. Persons who are stubborn and self-willed are of no value to him. He wants servants who delight to do his will and gladly obey whatever instructions are given them through the theocratic organization

*** w56 6/1 p. 346 Keep Pace by Conforming to Theocratic Requirements ***

Obedience to and respect for theocratic representation are a requirement in Jehovah’s organization

*** km 4/89 p. 7 Using Our Defenses to the Full ***

If he is to expect his wife and children to respect his authority, he must demonstrate joyfulness in his obedience to God and His organization.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

"You must obey God as ruler rather than men." And by "God" they mean "men" in the sense that he directs his interests through them. So, "obey God" means "obey them".

• lawrence
    lawrence

The Golden Calf sat before the Remnant Worshippers at the Annual Meeting. The Golden Calf warned, "worship no other gods, worship me!" The Remnant Worshippers in unison proclaimed, "we worship the Golden Calf," and bowed to their god. They were sent back to their places of worship to inform the Great Crowd, and the Great Crowd praised and worshipped the Remnant Worshippers and the Golden Calf.

Hell, I wish it were mythology!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit