Annual Meeting

by XBEHERE 18 Replies latest jw friends

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Was not very interesting according to my friend who attended. Bunch of experiences from branch overseers, 4 GB gave talks Jaracz, Herd, Jackson, Losch and Bro. Pierce was the chairman. Losch he said hit hard on 1914 as christs enthronement and that something special happened in 1919, the spiritual release from Babylon the great so they appear to be still spouting the 1914 date VERY prominently. Herd he said, dogged on college education (considered 4 yrs in a university here in the U.S.) but then gave the WTS signature statement: "of course brothers if you go to college or not its a decision for you and your parents to make". So as he beamed telling me about how encouraging it was I was silently saying to myself "ok so same old pablum that they have always served up" Nothing special at all.... zzzzzzzz

• acsot
    acsot

it's quite amazing how those who are "privileged" enougn to receive an invitation to the annual meeting act as thought they were about to enter heaven itself. A dub here at work was there over the weekend also so I imagine I'll be hearing all about it.

• blondie
    blondie

If there is no 1914 then there is no 1919 with their self-proclaimed selection by Christ.

Of course, they still were celebrating birthdays and Christmas, using the cross on the cover of the WT and using pyramidology to support their Bible chronology. All or parts of this until 1936, 17 years later. Not too pure were they.

I wonder where Barr and Sydlik were?

Blondie

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    I wonder where Barr and Sydlik were?

I left out that I did ask about that. He said the bethelite that invited them mentioned that Sydlik is really slowing down these days and so is Barber and especially Schroeder. I mean these guys are all freaking 80-100 yrs old with the exception of the newbie GB's. He said Jackson looks very young. He also said that Losch went over several points on how we know we are living close to the end. One of them was the fact that annointed are fewer and fewer. I am trying to recall exactly what he told me.... but something like Losch said 10 yrs ago 227 of the board members of the WTB&T Society of Pennsylvania were annointed now there are only 20something. Not sure how that means we are close to the end anyway.

• blondie
    blondie

Of course, that doesn't mean here are only 20 anointed, only 20 anointed men on the board. That doesn't count the anointed female JWs that are not counted.

Barr?

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

He didnt mention Barr. I will have to ask him the next time I email him. Herd mentioning college really made me realize why they are changing their views again on it...I suppose he is behind that one. Oh one more thing he did say is that Jaracz mad a joke during his talk. I never heard him do that before so it kinda surprised me. If he emails me back anymore info I will share it.

• minimus
    minimus

Can anyone imagine what joke Jaracz gave?? Any ideas???

• joelbear
    joelbear

well, there really is nothing new to say is there. they aren't political. most churches have switched from bible doctrine to political causes to keep their people interested. a few smaller churches offer self help, advice on living type of discussions, but good grief, how many times can you reanalyze this stuff.

most televangelists are the same way, they get donations by scaring people with headlines

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Losch said 10 yrs ago 227 of the board members of the WTB&T Society of Pennsylvania were annointed now there are only 20something. Not sure how that means we are close to the end anyway.

Wow...only twenty left at the top.Maybe they should start to recruit from the eight thousand or so "annointed" left on earth.If you reject the women,the flakes and the mentally challenged you might come up with a hundred or so fill ins that they could certainly train to take over the reigns of power.

OH...Sorry I forgot they don't really give a sh*t about using the annointed now to control the Borg.They don't even keep track of them.

The whole idea of "annointed remnant" in charge of the flock is a crock of sh*t. (one of many)

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi Exit! I have been to a number of annual meetings. They usually tell you what the next year text will be, ( did you get that info? ) and some of the talks they give are put into the upcoming yearbook. It's like getting a preview of a new movie soon to be released.Coming soon in the 20005??????????

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit