Please don`t read if you are a current witness and have doubts.

by void 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
    Legolas

((((Welcome to the board))))

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Welcome to the board Void, great to have you here

I look forward to hearing more from you

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Welcome void. I thought your post was beautifully expressed. Sincerity over-rides spelling and grammar any day!
    I look forward to hearing more from you.
    tp

• weinermcgee
    weinermcgee

I think when we all left we still felt a little anxiety over things like these rules burned into our brains, missing my first memorial was such a big deal, looking at "apostate" websites was scary, trying to explain to people who hate JW's that hey its not really that bad, its more the people screwing it up then it is a bad religion. HA I still catch myself doing this sometimes it drives me nuts, suddenly I 'll stop myself and say why in the hell am i defending this garbage still? Man they sure know they're brainwashing techniques.

I have only recently realized that when you are thinking for yourself, so many of your "ready made answers" have to be revisited and the whole evolution/creation thing has been a paticularly annoying after years of arguing on the side of creation now I have no idea. My best answer is I know there is something more powerful in the universe then us, whether its a god or not I do not know. I believe this planet and its complex ecosystems and creatures must have had some design involved. But thats about all I can say anymore. damn it did feel good arguing when you thought you knew you were right but man thinking back what an ass i must have made myself look like...so closed minded. I can't ponder too long it drives me insanely angry.

But welcome to this site, I have only joined a few days ago and its been very theraputic so far.

• xjwms
    xjwms

WE L C O M E

Help and be helped

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

Welcome, void. First, don't worry about the writing - your meaning comes through, if in a bit of a random order. :) Secondly, I can relate to your experience. It took a long time of being away from the influence of the WTS for me to be able to see it for what it really is.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

welcome void!

i too have always thought that evolution could very well be a process god used to create mankind.

thats the only reasonable explanation if you want god and science to make sense.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome to the board, void.

Cellist

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

Welcome Void to the forum. Here you'll read a great deal of opinions,facts, fantasy, and mostly just writings of a many former witnesses and those who know them. I came upon thisforum many years back, but i already was working with JWs, former JWs, and many other religious people. I left the watchtower back in the middle 80s and established myself as a cult teacher, later became a Reverend and began as a Born-Again-Christian-Minister of Apologetics.

I discovered at the beginning of my ministery that the brothern church has enough problems so I decided to minister to the so called elite, the ministers who say they pastor churches..So I started on Jack Hayford, CHURCH ON THE WAY. first. I found his doctrinal statement basically followed the scriptures, so I moved on. Then I realized I had a great deal of wealth of information on the watchtower so I headed that way. Along the way I met a christian minister who taught much on mormonism. So he taught me mormonism and I taught him about the watchtower. Today I teach comparative religions.

AS for your title, I hope you realize everyone is going to read your posts, because of it's title...Man in our nature are basically curious when some tells us not to read this...lol.....

Anyway you'll learn a great deal more information then you ever wanted too. But then again life, itself, is an adventure, you might as well enjoy it.....

God Bless

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Welcome, welcome, welcome. You are going to feel tons better about this once you've been here for a while.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit