Ever wonder what life would have been like if you hadn't been a witness?

by tfsm 17 Replies latest jw friends

• tfsm
    tfsm

I had a scholarship that I didn't take because... well I'm sure you know. I did eventually go back to school and get a degree but I feel like I lost ten years.

• skyman
    skyman

I wonder about this all the time. I am glad I lived the life I have. The song lyrics say's it all for me. I may have missed the pain but I would have missed the dance. The Borg maid me better or for worse but still made me the person I am today. No longer am I in the Borg's grasp for my children they will be able to live free of the lying Borg and its control

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I have wondered but I don't think I would change my past. I really like who I am and I am very happy with my life.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I think about it all the time; I dont know how my life would have turned out. It's hard to say.

• luna2
    luna2

I try not to wonder as there is nothing I can do about the past.

I'm not in a great position now, but I don't know if it is due to me, my personality, my habits...or if the JW influences of the past 20 years caused me to make the choices that brought me here. I know I have to take the reins now and turn my life in the direction I want it to go, but I'm having a difficult time doing that. It's been six months since I learned that the "Truth" isn't true. When am I going to get with it? I feel stuck.

• Es
    Es

I wonder bout it all the time. I wonder what if my parents hadnt come across the religion what would our lives be like now? It would be so much easier to live the life i want to if my folks wernt JW's. We could celebrate birthdays,christmas and other things as a fam instead of me trying to hide it now. Life would have been soooooo much easier

es

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I agree with unbeliever. Early in our doomed marriage, my JW (then) wife said if she weren't a JW, she'd be a metalhead.

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

I missed a few opportunities that would have put me in a better situation today, but I might not have the family I have now. And that I'm not willing to trade.

• Soledad
    Soledad

I don't think it would have been any different. My mom would have found some other religion or cause to devote herself to and that would have been a part of my past.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I feel like I would have had a very different life. But then I wouldn't have my children. I can't spend too much time lamenting what could have been. I shall focus on now and the future. I shall take from my experience, some wisdom. And I wouldn't have joined JWD probably. I've learned a lot about people here and I've learned so much about expressing myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit