I wish my former friends would leave the "lie" I mean "truth"!!

by weinermcgee 12 Replies latest jw friends

• weinermcgee
    weinermcgee

I still dream about this often! some of my childhood friends stop being JW's so I can have them back as my friends, it would be like a dream come true. But some of you might say: "You would take them back as friends? They were never TRUE friends." You bet your ass I would, they aren't allowed to think for themselves, they were brainwashed they didn't know what they were doing. I honestly think of my one best friend still numerous times a day, waiting and waiting for him to finally give it up. What a glorious day that will be!

• luna2
    luna2

I hope your wish comes true!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I believe that they were true friends. Only they've been thoroughly manipulated and brainwashed to be unwaveringly loyal to a psychotic totalitarian religious establishment.

• weinermcgee
    weinermcgee

nicely put , dan.

• Cellist
    Cellist

We have former friends that we hope will someday "see the light", also.

Cellist

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

Hmmm... friends... JW friends... nope, I'm getting nothing there.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I had a total of 3 genuine friends who were JWs. I would like to be friends with all 3 today if they were all out of the cult. The rest of the JWs I knew can all drink a large gulp of slimey canal water for all I care.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

If any of them leave, perhaps the REAL friendship will be that much greater because you've been through the same thing.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

I keep having that fantasy about my parents...

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

weiner,

i know what you are talking about. i have the same day dreams. and generally speaking, since most of us would have done the same thing as a wit, then i guess we shouldn't be too pissed at them.

welcome to the board.

ts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit