Who was the Strangest on the Doors?

by individual 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

Yup. We worked sometimes or' to Black Mountain, 'round Hazard, too. Worked it out of the Kingsport, TN congregation. Same sorta people.

ft

• tdj2112amg
    tdj2112amg

The strangest person on field service has to be this man who when I asked his name he told me Jehovah and when I tried to preach to him he told me to forget it b/c he knew everything b/c he was the creador

Sincere love,
    TdJ

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

individual - that old bloke was a liar ! ... i invented the hovercraft ...

anyway, how come you've got time to post ? i thought you were busy trying to finish that last 1.2% of gt3 ?

good to meet ya

• individual
    individual

alliwannadoislive - I thought that old bloke was a liar as well because he looked extremely poor, I'm sure if it was true he would not have lived in a council house. Had to admire his enthusiasm though! An elder and I spent nearly an hour trying to get away from him!!!

By the way, only 4 races and 1 time trial left on GranTourismo 3 so I'm getting there, nearly finished...... then I'll start it all over again.... hahahahah!

• Moridin
    Moridin

I also did unassigned territory in Kentucky. Over in Hazard and Mousie and a couple of other small towns. There was some strange ones down there.

• ReverendRoy
    ReverendRoy

three to share with you...

the most memorable was the woman that apparantly thought I was "jim" and was coming back to her finally...she answered the door naked. I hated to disapoint her, but i politely excused myself....

there was the woman that when she answqered the door and said hello to me, began to speak in tounges (honest) and roll around in her living room. between the rolling and the tounges she would tell me she was commanded to do this to save my soul, no doubt a tried and true method of getting rid of most any one at the door....

and of course the ever popular shotgun sticking out the door, all I saw was the gun and heard a voice that said "go away"...message recieved!

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

I sure remember my years in field service way out in the rural areas. We used to go out in Crawford and Taylor County, Georgia. Even in the late seventies you'd still see the occasional outhouse. I've driven through Taylor county a few times in the last year or so, and things haven't changed a whole lot.
    I guess the strangest person I met was in 1989 right outside of Warner Robins Georgia, home of a big Air Farce Base. A sister was taking our car group to one of her return visits. She turned on this little driveway that looked more like a walking path. It wound around through the woods and it was obvious very few cars had ever been on it. Well what do you know, but there actually was a house back there! This small 1800's era house with the open central breezeway and yes, the kitchen was a separate structure. So was the bathroom.
    There was definitely no phone, and I can't be sure about power lines and no car in the yard. Oh, yeah and of course the old-style washing machine with matching clothesline.
    An elderly black lady lived there, had for all of her life. The sister told me the lady couldn't tell for sure when she was born.
    She was friendly enough, but that day she was busy so "didn't have time to talk to no Jee-hovies but it's sure nice to see you again Miss Angie!".
    I was dying to go back again and get to talk to this lady, just listen to stories she could probably tell, but I never got to go back.
    The old folks you may run into way back in the woods are usually some of the nicest people you will ever meet. Don't make it a quick visit, just leaving literature. Sit down and talk to them, many of them are alone most of the time, you will enjoy every minute of it.
    mike.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Hey, Francoise. You went to Hazard? Did you happen to run into a couple of good ole boys in an orange Dodge? ;-)
    mike.

• Francois
    Francois

Don't 'member no orange Dodge, but I do remember the ex-mayor who was in the final stages of syphillis standing one the corner hooting like unto an owl, or was that Big Stone Gap with Radio WLSD? I disremember.

Good friends of mine pioneered round about there too: Richard and Maria Hickman. Know them?

ft

NOTE TO GOVERNING BODY: You've been challenged to a debate, boys. Dont you have ANY balls?

• thewiz
    thewiz

I was about 12 or 13 and a women in a complete see through nightie answred her apratment door. I took on the name of Mr. fast-and-furious that night.

Another time, when I was about 23 a guy came to the door in nothing but his under wear briefs. Sporting a rather complimentary package. That is, he had a very conspicous erection

Another guy claiming he was Jesus, 'til this day he still does. His real name was Frank.

That reminds me. One time I was walking around this small lake where I used to live at in RI, USA. I seen him coming in the opposite direction, I hadn't seen him in years, so asked him how he was doing, his dad, and I beleive his sister (I knew just about the whole family). I said, 'I'm embarresed to ask, but I forget your name? What is it?"

He said "J-E-S-U-S" spelling it out.

It hit me, then and there (I side-stepped his response), "oh. yeah it's Frank. But now it's your last name I can't remember, it's different, how do you spell it now, let me see..."

He responded, "C-H-R-I-S-T" spelling it out agsain.

"I'll see you later Frank, er Jesus...tell your Dad if he remembers me, I said hi."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit