fortune tellers

by Ellie 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

She was using the art of "cold reading", which is an old magician/soothsayer trick. It's the same schtick that John Edwards does, only he gets the benefit of television editing (he's really bad at it). It doesn't matter that the things she said could be true - she's a fraud, and will probably return to offer to burn candles for you, at $10 a pop. If you pay her, she'll return with a ruined candle to show you how powerful the curse is, and more candles will be needed. How many depends on your gullibility.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

What Q and rem said!

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I forgot to mention, I taught myself a method of fortune telling, to debunk it. I have astounded one or two acquaintances. Its so easy, especially if people want to believe what you say. If they want to believe even 5% you are home and dry as a scam fortune teller.

I must admit, some are very good at the scam and some who are very sensitive to people's body language etc, and realy believe in what they are doing. Just like witnesses, if they believe it themselves, they are more likely to convince others. Wheras I just practiced for a day and pinched a couple of techniques I sussed out from TV guys.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit