E-mail from a Former JW Friend

by findingmyway 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• thom
    thom

I like that reply. Shows you're still interested in a friendship, you care about her and her family, and you don't attack her faith either.

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

That sounds like a good reply. It's hard to not WANT to reply since she does seem to be trying her best and being genuine. After all, she shouldn't even be E-mailing you since you are DF'd. I feel that shows she really does care.... and value your friendship.

See if she can just talk on a personal basis next time, not bring up meetings, "when are you going to get your act together" etc. If she can accept you as the person you are, she is a true friend. If not, then it's not worth the trouble. I know it really brings up a lot of emotions. I'm dealing with a simular situation myself with figuring out who are my TRUE friends ( if I even have any that are JW's )....I still haven't gotten it all figured out. Best of luck...

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I agree 100% with kid-A and AlmostAtheist, and I also think your letter of response is appropriate, friendly, and what else can I say except perfect.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Nikki-

Great message. Hit SEND!

peace and blessings

• Es
    Es

I would email her back with exaclty what you told us, you have a wonderful boyfriend, you go to work and you study. I think thats a great response to her email

es

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

when I started to become inactive back in the late 90s my cousin, who went back for reasons I wont get into right now, kept pressuring me to go back. At that time I didn't know a lot of the things I do now and I still believed it to be the truth. I simply just told her that I will go back when Im ready to go back. Im still not ready, and doubt if I ever will be.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Former friend is right. What a condensing little turd. Any jerk sent me a email like that, I'd pick up the phone and tell em to go jump in the lake and don't ever contact me again for any reason.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

From the tone of your response it seems like she is an exception to the way you feel about most JWs. Seriously, if you care for her still, invite her over for dinner. SHE broached the idea. If she refuses later, well, at least you offered. She really may be starting to look for a way out. Just send another email, "Hey! Quick note for dinner plans: How is [date] at around [time] for you?"

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Former friend is right. What a condensing little turd. Any jerk sent me a email like that, I'd pick up the phone and tell em to go jump in the lake and don't ever contact me again for any reason.

would you? really?? anyone???

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I think your response is great! Polite, loving, and kind. I can't see how she would ever take offense to anything you say. I don't agree with Gary Buss in this instant. I think sometimes honey gets you a lot further than vinegar. Sometimes, no matter how condescending they are, take the high road and be nice no matter what. They absolutely can NOT pin you down and say you're being rude or "apostate"ish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit