Jehovah's Witness Debate in Southern CA

by Unclepenn1 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

For anyone who lives in So Cal and is interested, we are having a formal debate between a JW and a Christian Pastor. The topic of discussion will be the Trinity.

The event is Wednesday, Oct 5th, at 7pm at the Rock church in San Diego, CA. For more info, see www.therocksandiego.org

You all know how rare this type of thing is. I hope some people can come and check it out.

Regards,

Penn

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    between a JW and a Christian Pastor

You're kidding! You're not? Well, have you checked out the credentials of the JW? He/she may not be so representative of the JW organisation as you would wish - you see, such a thing would be "discouraged" by Home Office/Branch Office.

• carla
    carla

I thought I heard of this happening around here (midwest) maybe 10-15 yrs ago? But a question- the jw is actually going into a church? Isn't that a big no-no?

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

No, it really is a JW. His name is Andrew Corbin, and he is a protoge of Greg Stafford. Yes, it is totally frowned upon by the Society, and I am not sure why he would go against their wishes. But, he is! We also advertised at Kingdom Halls, so we will see if any curious JW's show up (probably not).

Penn

• lawrence
    lawrence

C'mon Witness Boy cut strings with the Heathens. Dem are the Crossroads, mofo!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

He'll get eaten alive no? I hope so anyhow

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Sally would like to say that Greg Stafford no longer speaks of jw's and that he no longer reflect true jw beliefs

http://www.jwforum.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3069&PN=1&TPN=1

Evanescence *of the pass it on class*

• sf
    sf

http://www.therocksandiego.org/eventcalendar/908/

Apologetics/Counter Cult Ministry: Debate with a Jehovah's Witness

Wednesday, October 5, 2005

7:00 PM - 9:00 PM On Wed, Oct 5th, the Rock church is happy to host a formal debate between a Christian Pastor and a Jehovah's Witness. The evening will be roughly 2 hours in length, and will be held in the Rock Sanctuary. Please come and bring a friend to this intellectually stimulating event. The topic of discussion will be the Trinity. See you there!

More Information

For more information about this event, contact Larry Bouligny at [email protected].

Apologetics/Counter Cult Ministry

The purpose is to reach those who are trapped in cults or being led astray by false teachers and to offer support to those who have left these high control groups. We also exist to equip the church through teaching; to defend the truths of biblical Christianity. sKally

• sf
    sf

Percentage wise, how sure are you this man is a devoted, baptized JW?

The search engine has many Andrew Corbins. One being the editor of Doubleday:

Division of Random House, Inc. 1745 Broadway

Orders:

1-800-726-0600

Telephone:

212-354- 9000

Facsimile:

212-782- 8338

E-Mail:

Michelle Rapkin mrapkin@ randomhouse.com Trace Murphy [email protected]
    Andrew Corbin [email protected]

http://www.randomhouse.com

Subject Categories:

Bibles
    Biblical Studies / Hermeneutics
    Biographies
    Catholic Faith / Teaching
    Christian Life / History
    Current Affairs
    Dictionaries / Reference
    Family Life / Marriage
    History
    Interfaith / Interreligious Dialogue
    Liturgy / Worship / Evangelization
    Pastoral Counseling
    Pastoral Ministry
    Philosophy
    Prayer / Meditation
    Preaching / Sermons
    Psychology
    Saints' Lives
    Saints' Writings
    Seasonal Books
    Social Concerns
    Theology

• inquirer
    inquirer

I would be on the JW side, obviously. But please tell me of the results, ok? Get some audio of it if you can!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit