Not one elder has called me since my fade!

by in a new york bethel minute 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Es
    Es

consider yourself a lucky one....if i was you i wouldnt be complaining, i get contacted say every 6 months even tho im not in there territory but my dad is an elder so im sure they only contact me coz his on there backs.

Enjoy the freedom

es

• luna2
    luna2

I've haven't been to the KH in four years. I think I got a couple of calls from my final bookstudy conductor the first year (most likely CO visit time) and one call the second year. I did have a couple of sisters call...actually one sister in particular who would call me both at home and at work. Others would stop by my work every three to six months when they were out in service or just shopping at the store. Really, I got more attention than I wanted. The elders were kind of slackers, though. My bookstudy conductor especially. He obviously could give a sh*t, which was fine by me.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Funny, isn't it? We want them to leave us alone but there is a vague feeling of hurt when they do just that. And shock to realize that all those pompous-ass statements about the "loving brotherhood" were totally worthless. They don't care. They never did. They won't go looking, like good shepherds, for the lost sheep because they're too busy on their own hamster wheels trying to keep up with impossible standards.

Enjoy the quiet and enjoy your life!

Nina

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

bethel:

in some ways i love it, and in other ways i find it offensive... i guess i should be happy that elders aren't knocking down my door with questions???

Enjoy the moments! I haven't been contacted by any Elders since my fade either, but a couple of Elderettes have tried to "reason" with me. They gave up when they were discovering they agreed with most of what I said and the standard "Jah will take care of it" b s wasn't cutting it. LOL

I have deflected a few attempted contacts by do-gooders and living a thousand miles away from the congregation I left helps too.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I've been gone 10 years and the ONLY phone call I ever received was 5 years ago when my mom siced the elders on me for having a boyfriend. They said if I didn't come and have a JC meeting with them I would be disfellowshipped.

Well pretty sure after not hearing or seeing from someone in 5 years I really could care less about going and having a "meeting" with them. Forget it.

Consider yourself lucky.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    how is that possible?

...and the reason...

They won't go looking, like good shepherds, for the lost sheep because they're too busy on their own hamster wheels trying to keep up with impossible standards.

There is a reason why clergy are paid in so called christendom. To be honest the elders that really do care from the heart are impossibly outnumbered by jaded and fed up ones who dont care. The JW elder arrangement is a sham!

• kid-A
    kid-A

I am hearing more and more stories like this, at least in the toronto area. Several faders I know, even some who quite blatantly were involved in some sort of "scandal" just dont get contacted by the dubs anymore. Its either apathy, or they really are just losing control of the flock...lol

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I think Cruzanheart hit the nail on the head. So I guess it is apathy to a degree. I am sure it depends on who you are when you started fading too. If you were an elder with perhaps some... "secrets" then I bet the elders would seek you out. Beyond that they will do it every 6 mos so that they can tell the CO that they tried to contact you. Its really a fake form of love, not the self sacrificing love that Jesus outlined for his followers to have and this organized religion is to blame.

I never read in the bible that Jesus held quarterly elders meetings overy 3 months to discuss people. Or him sitting on committee cases. Never did I read that Jesus told the disciples to put in at least 9.3 hrs a month. Or having meetings to discuss what kind of bathroom tissue to use (yes really happened). My point is that the WTS system makes these men this way. Their yoke is not kindly.....and sure as hell isnt light thats for sure!!!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Consider yourself very lucky.

DY

• delilah
    delilah

Hey Bethel.....the same thing happened to me. and I never moved away. "Where is the love"???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit